By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 is now at 16.15 million --- where 360 was at the END of Last year!

Jo21 said:
ps2 launched a 599 euro?

are you nuts. kirby?

thats never been the WW price.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/12448/europese-release-ps2-uitgesteld-prijs-verhoogd.html

557 euro to be exact

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
blazinhead89 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

it is astounding to think people have this much faith in SONY.

I did....& I am not complaining to be honest....especially this year when we have 3 AAA exclusives on the PS3 powered by the Cell Broadband Engine.

So much faith in fact that, using the same arguement as this thread, the PS3 is now 8 milllion behind where the PS2 was at this point in its life -

8 MIllion !!  in other words the PS2 had sold 50% more in the same period, thats some market share drop.....

PS2 Launched at 299. soo........ And Price point does matter.

ps2 launched at 550 euro...

You high again kirby?

blazinhead89 said:
kirby007 said:
blazinhead89 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

it is astounding to think people have this much faith in SONY.

I did....& I am not complaining to be honest....especially this year when we have 3 AAA exclusives on the PS3 powered by the Cell Broadband Engine.

So much faith in fact that, using the same arguement as this thread, the PS3 is now 8 milllion behind where the PS2 was at this point in its life -

8 MIllion !!  in other words the PS2 had sold 50% more in the same period, thats some market share drop.....

PS2 Launched at 299. soo........ And Price point does matter.

ps2 launched at 550 euro...

You high again kirby?

shame it is the truth huh?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Yea, and too bad this isn't a pissing contest, but instead a matter of financial viability. Microsoft, Nintendo,and sony are in this to make money...lots of it, and losing bln ain't going to cut it. 360 loss LESS money than xbox...PS3 lost riddiculously more than PS2...isn't that going in the wrong direction? But hey...sony has a 10-15 year plan for their consoles, so it's all good...lol!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

kirby007 said:
Jo21 said:
ps2 launched a 599 euro?

are you nuts. kirby?

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/12448/europese-release-ps2-uitgesteld-prijs-verhoogd.html

557 euro to be exact

Even at that super high price...the console was STILL losing major $$$ for sony...that's not smart design for manufacture...that's just plain stupid!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
ps2 launched a 599 euro?

are you nuts. kirby?

Kirby is right.  I paid 24.000 (which would be pretty much 600 euro's) for my week-one PS2.

@Kirby, I bought my PS2 for 299 Euro. Im sure most people did aswell. Otherwise people would have not been surprised by $600 PS3

blazinhead89 said:
@Kirby, I bought my PS2 for 299 Euro. Im sure most people did aswell. Otherwise people would have not been surprised by $600 PS3

not at launch then

da only reason 360 is selling well is because the existing customers are buying it again or getting it as a gift this christmas AGAIN because their last year 360 broke by now. i believe this was microsoft's strategy, get a high install base with faulty hardware and keep repeating the same amount of hardware sold every year. While sony cuts the difference short by making 20% of 360 customers change to ps3 every year after getting frustrated with the post office.

nexzen said:
da only reason 360 is selling well is because the existing customers are buying it again or getting it as a gift this christmas AGAIN because their last year 360 broke by now. i believe this was microsoft's strategy, get a high install base with faulty hardware and keep repeating the same amount of hardware sold every year. While sony cuts the difference short by making 20% of 360 customers change to ps3 every year after getting frustrated with the post office.

why does software increase then?