By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space completion discussion *SPOILERS*

vlad321 said:
Yeah I saw that thread too, but I thought we needed one where we could share "notes" on without being careful on revealing spoilers for others. I can't say it can match BioShock's only because BioShock had a a lot more facets to its story than DS's, however what DS did have was really good. What was interesting is that the story did not pick up at all until around chapter 9 or 10, the one where you pick up the USM Valor's orders and they clearly state that they should be prepared for alien trouble, implying everything was already known. That's where I decidd to screw the rest of my classes for the day and finish the game.

One thing I don't get, is wtf happened to the Valor? They were highly trained, prepared for the situation, and well armed military trained personnel, yet they got dominated by 1 necromorph. Meanwhile good ol' Isaac is nothing but an engineer with no real weapons to speak of yet he takes on an entire ship of them.

yeah i kinda had that thought running through my head too... i mean, they couldve been ordered to not do anything about it or maybe the marker was messing with their heads. but its still a little too fishy for me. but it is none the less pretty accurate with the reactions and vulnerability to isaac.