By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP Climbing towards number 1 at Amazon

Just to clarify, Amazon tracking is not an accurate measure of sales, but possibly demand.

Mario Kart Wii is still number 5, and Fallout 3 360 is ahead of LBP.

If we were assuming this was an accurate measure of sales, we'd place the game's debut just above Wii Music's X(?)th day after release, and just below Fallout 360, in America, since today is launch day. I'm basically saying, this is not evidence of anything pro or against LBP.

The top spot is WotLK, which launches is about 2 weeks. I dunno how it works, but if it really is a true measure of demand, WotLK can't be dethroned by anything until after it launches.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Interesting. Well if LBP stays ahead of Wii Music then isnt that something good being as people are predicting 5mil+ Lifetime sales for Wii music.

LittleBigPlanet has been huge ever since it had taken over the side of that building in Germany. How many games can you say have done that.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

^ It's simply a measure of how many people bought each game on Amazon over the last hour.

BKK2 said:
^ It's simply a measure of how many people bought each game on Amazon over the last hour.

This has to be cumulative over a certain period of time, I cannot imagine the numbers being so persistence, perhaps the number is dumped at the backend every daily/weekly or it is reset weekly?

I guess we will se next week if it sells good.

Around the Network

chances are, original supply was severly slashed because of the need to reproduce discs so quickly.

Guys sorry if you miss understood me I said It's "climbing toward number 1"
not that it is number.

I was watching amazon for a few hours and it stared on number six and worked its way to number 3.

Once again sorry for the confusion.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

#5 right now... Out of Stock status must be hurting it.  Bummer.

It's all about the game.

If it's out of stock, that's probably because Sony couldn't print and ship enough supply in the time allotted after the debacle. It might affect said "hugeness" of week 1 sales. On another note, Fable 2 sold a million units week 1 in only two territories. It is also huge. Which one is bigger, we'll see soon enough.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

On another note, Fable 2 sold a million units week 1 in only two territories. It is also huge.

Link?

And could it be that Sony (because of the possible slowdown in printing enough copies) could benefit from it, by having demand remain up while not being able to supply enough, like what happens with certain wii games?