By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii = 10 million... when?

Wii has to sell just over a half-million consoles to reach 10 millions sales (according to VGChartz numbers).

With that said, how long do you think it'll take Wii to sell that .51? Even better if you can predict approximately the day that it'll hit that.

I'm aware that Japan numbers haven't been reported yet. Your prediction should also take that fact into consideration. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I predict the first week of August.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Why is it that whenever the numbers are updated, someone always has to make a thread asking when the Wii will surpass the 360?

It's stale.

I, uh, didn't say anything about passing the 360.

I said passing 10m. Because it's nearly exactly one-half million away from that major milestone. What's stale about that?

Seriously, son.

SW-5120-1900-6153

3 weeks so be week ending August 5th.

Around the Network

The wii is going to hit 10million when the ps3 is at 4.05m in other words if not next week the week after it.

mM

2 weeks is August 5, sir.

And I agree with that - August 5 numbers will show it, and I expect that it'll have JUST gotten over 10m by then (no more than 10.05 on those numbers).

SW-5120-1900-6153

Two weeks from now is the best bet, based on the Wii selling 260k units for the week ending 7/15 and probably a similar number to that this past week (159k without Japanese sales at the moment). Mario Strikers Charged in America and Mario Party 8 in Japan should at least keep that constant. EDIT:  Considering that Japanese sales have yet to be factored in (which I just mentioned *facepalm*), almost certainly in two weeks - August 4/5.

thetonestarr said:
2 weeks is August 5, sir.

And I agree with that - August 5 numbers will show it.

oops. my bad.

Some quick math shows that if the Wii can do 85k US, 70K Japan, and 55k All other each week for the next 2 weeks it will break 10 million. Just for comparison in the last 4 weeks reported (including this one) the lowest numbers for each those regions were 88k US, 76k Japan, 59k Other (pending Japan numbers for this week).

To Each Man, Responsibility