By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Squilliam said:
Passenger57 said:
DAMMMMMMNNNN! ^^ you almost have 20000 posts. Sorry just caught me by surprise

To be blunt, I think there should be an instant ban which takes effect when you've got 19,999 posts. If you have that many, you're an obvious spammer!

OT: I wonder what the total will be this week for the Xbox 360/PS3 and what the all important difference will be?

I kinda think something like 180k for Xbox 360 and 140k for the PS3 (Low Japanese sales and low U.S sales) Though im never right if I predict the weeklys - hence the reason I stay out of the prediction league.

I don't see the 360 selling that much in US.  I think the 360 will edge the PS3 by about 10K WW.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
Wow.

Europeans really didn't care for Fable 2 that much, seeing as that the PS3 still won over 360.

lool.

DMeisterJ wrote:

Okay Zen, for the truth, I'm generally the same as I was before, it's just funner to troll than to be an objective poster. Being objective and serious all the time is boring, I like spicing up threads.

mrstickball wrote:

According to ioi's estimates (which are just estimates as more data comes in), Fable 2 will indeed clear 1m on the week - without Japan.

700k+ North America
304k PAL/Others

Zenfoldor thinks:

Your assumptions are incorrect.

LOL. 

And it was all doom and gloom for the 360 before the price drop.

JaggedSac said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
Wow.

Europeans really didn't care for Fable 2 that much, seeing as that the PS3 still won over 360.

lool.

DMeisterJ wrote:

Okay Zen, for the truth, I'm generally the same as I was before, it's just funner to troll than to be an objective poster. Being objective and serious all the time is boring, I like spicing up threads.

mrstickball wrote:

According to ioi's estimates (which are just estimates as more data comes in), Fable 2 will indeed clear 1m on the week - without Japan.

700k+ North America
304k PAL/Others

Zenfoldor thinks:

LOL. 

are trying to say that it wasn't? because if the ww price drop never happened, 360 would be pushing sub 120k numbers. without fail, or with, however you look at it.

GTAIV08 said:
DOATS1 said:
it's times like these where i wonder what sales would be like if the ps3 was £199, or even £250.

there no doubt in my mind that if the ps3 was at £199, it would be selling 150k + every week. hell the first few weeks would probably be 250k +

That's an opinion, but this isn't realist at all. Even at a lower price PS3 will remain a console for hardcore gamers only and could'nt reaches that kind of numbers.

Europe loves Sony. They are the main reason they have a chance at second place in the world. Let's see what the Japan numbers are with the 80gig PS3 in stock.

I still think the 360 will win every week till January with the current price drop and bundles, making up the 1.5 million difference they were behind this year and end out edging the PS3.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
JaggedSac said:

LOL. 

are trying to say that it wasn't? because if the ww price drop never happened, 360 would be pushing sub 120k numbers. without fail, or with, however you look at it.

Nope, 360 has always been doing good.  It is on track to beat the first XBox in short time and it will always have developer support.  Great games every year, great online experience.  Nope, no doom and gloom for the 360 from me.

JaggedSac said:
DOATS1 said:
JaggedSac said:

LOL. 

Nope, 360 has always been doing good.  It is on track to beat the first XBox in short time and it will always have developer support.  Great games every year, great online experience.  Nope, no doom and gloom for the 360 from me.

sales wise, i disagree. 360 has always had great games and online. but sales will have continue to dip in my opinion if there wasn't a price drop.

Nice PS3 and 360 boost, and of course good Wii and DS sales.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
Wow.

lool.

DMeisterJ wrote:

mrstickball wrote:

700k+ North America
304k PAL/Others

Zenfoldor thinks:

Owned =) OT: Great boost for 360 and PS3. 360 is still staying close in other i hope this only continues as we had twards gears 2 and the holidays =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

inb PS3 DOMINATION. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far