By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Squilliam said:
blackstar said:
Squilliam said:
blackstar said:
DOATS1 said:
it's times like these where i wonder what sales would be like if the ps3 was £199, or even £250.

this

It would sell 20% less due to negative perception of value.

Thats how price cuts work in the E.U!

price-add then

There will be a massive shortage as desperate investers cling to the hope that the PS3 will retain or increase in value.

lol , I give up

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Two possible explanations for the PS3 rise.

1. The new bundle with R+C and GT5P etc in the $450 console?

2. LBP - Its been talked about enough to have people purchase a system before release. Its arguably according to the general consensus a bigger release than Fable 2.

I'd add a 3rd: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. This game is big in Europe, it's a console seller and will affect sales till christmas as always. Although it's also on 360, it's a game associated with the Playstation brand so no wonder the PS3 boost the last 2 weeks.

Passenger57 said:
DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:
blackstar said:
DOATS1 said:
it's times like these where i wonder what sales would be like if the ps3 was £199, or even £250.

this

sadly i wasn't referring to a price-cut. i meant it as if the ps3 was that price all along.

I think it would be perceived as too cheap in others. would've probably worked wanders in NA  

that's doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

This time last year i got my PS3. Man PS3 @299 ZOMG Sony would not keep up with demand. Epic Sales

Gotcha said:
Squilliam said:
Two possible explanations for the PS3 rise.

1. The new bundle with R+C and GT5P etc in the $450 console?

2. LBP - Its been talked about enough to have people purchase a system before release. Its arguably according to the general consensus a bigger release than Fable 2.

I'd add a 3rd: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. This game is big in Europe, it's a console seller and will affect sales till christmas as always. Although it's also on 360, it's a game associated with the Playstation brand so no wonder the PS3 boost the last 2 weeks.

I guess thats a very good reason - though the Xbox 360 was bundling PES, but I wonder how that went.

Tease.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
Passenger57 said:
DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:
blackstar said:
DOATS1 said:

this

sadly i wasn't referring to a price-cut. i meant it as if the ps3 was that price all along.

I think it would be perceived as too cheap in others. would've probably worked wanders in NA  

that's doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Well it was supposed to be a joke in context to this quote by Kingdizzii

Well in EU quality matters which is why PS3 has better sales compared to 360 even with the huge price different, the same cannot be said of a shall not be named area where standards are very low. *cough*NA*cough*

DAMMMMMMNNNN! ^^ you almost have 20000 posts. Sorry just caught me by surprise

Tbone said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@libellule

motorstorm 2 = tomorrow

@DOATS1

PS3 is good in EU!

But Motorstorm 2 releases the 7th november in Eu.

In EU, Motorstorm 2 releases the 30 october.

http://www.gamekult.com/ps3/jeux/calendrier_type1.html

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire

Passenger57 said:
DAMMMMMMNNNN! ^^ you almost have 20000 posts. Sorry just caught me by surprise

To be blunt, I think there should be an instant ban which takes effect when you've got 19,999 posts. If you have that many, you're an obvious spammer!

OT: I wonder what the total will be this week for the Xbox 360/PS3 and what the all important difference will be?

I kinda think something like 180k for Xbox 360 and 140k for the PS3 (Low Japanese sales and low U.S sales) Though im never right if I predict the weeklys - hence the reason I stay out of the prediction league.

Tease.

dravenmanson said:
Tbone said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@libellule

motorstorm 2 = tomorrow

@DOATS1

PS3 is good in EU!

But Motorstorm 2 releases the 7th november in Eu.

In EU, Motorstorm 2 releases the 30 october.

http://www.gamekult.com/ps3/jeux/calendrier_type1.html

no it doesn't.