By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NEW KILLZONE 2 trailer : BEST GRAPHICS EVER confirmed

ultraslick said:
tarheel91 said:
What an inaccurate title. I fail to see how a CG trailer proves anything about graphics. Plus, all that gray and brown is hardly beautiful to me. Sure, it'll undoubtedly be very detailed and epic, but beautiful is not a word I'd used to describe such a bland world.

I'm not making a comment about the gameplay, only about the visual presentation.

I love this post. It proves how stunning the graphics really are.

If he reads that it is not CG, he would just stop and say "Oh..... my god!"

I didn't say particularly impressive CG...  A lot of games look better than some CG lately (it's like devs get lazy with lighting in CG or something).  I was thinking the explosions and lightning crap looked particularly bad for CG, but figured I wouldn't include that since it probably wouldn't further my argument and only incite flames.

Edit: Also, Brawl was confused with CG, so I don't really think it's that big of a deal.

Around the Network
Hyams said:
Awsome. Truly, truly awsome.

And to the people saying there's no colour: I dunno about everyone else, but I'm seeing plenty of colour in there. It's just that the game uses a lot a dark, muted colours. For example, there's a whole loads of dark-green in a large number of parts of the video. Not to mention all the glowing orange everywhere.

I really do love the art direction, and I think the dark colour scheme really lends itself to the game's beauty.

Chances are, it will be similar to the first Killzone.  The first Killzone had pleny of varied environments.

You started off here:

Then went here:

Then here:

Here:

Here:

Here:

Here:

Here:

And finally here (at least I think this is a screen of the Orbital Station - they seem to be hard to come by):

Granted, Helghan may not sport such a wide variety of environments, given it's harsh atmosphere.  Guerrilla likes throwing in plenty of environments, though.

Yeah, I played the origional Killzone 1. I actually loved it - despite all the glitches and AI problems I came across - up until the point when the Helghans started spamming grenades at me. Then I just got frustrated and gave up.

Oh, and you missed out the park area, near the begining of the game. That was a really beautiful location, and great fun to play through.

makingmusic476 said:
leo-j said:
@making music

Cant you post screens?

And get my PSN account perma-banned? lol, no.

Tbh, I don't think I can do much more thank mention that I'm IN the beta.

Well technically you're not even supposed to say you're in the beta.

On topic though, amazing changes since 2007. Though I'm a little unsure about Sev's hair, lol.

@makingmusic: there will be a forest level -possible-

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1366676

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
makingmusic476 said:
leo-j said:
@making music

Cant you post screens?

From what I've seen, they seem to be okay with that.  So long as you don't give out any details about the beta, you're fine.

makingmusic476 said:
IllegalPaladin said:
makingmusic476 said:
leo-j said:
@making music

Cant you post screens?

From what I've seen, they seem to be okay with that. So long as you don't give out any details about the beta, you're fine.

Ah cool, cause I've always wanted to say that I'm in it too lol.

Though I have no intention of saying anything else to anybody here, due to NDA and all.

Dolla Dolla said:
Youtube version:

Thank you Dolla Dolla

i still cant call it best graphics ever seeing as to me that looks like all pre rendered footage until i see proper gameplay i wont say good or bad tbh
but i cant see it being a system seller something in my gut tells me people are going meh killzone 1 was crap 2 meh

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

stonj said:
i still cant call it best graphics ever seeing as to me that looks like all pre rendered footage until i see proper gameplay i wont say good or bad tbh
but i cant see it being a system seller something in my gut tells me people are going meh killzone 1 was crap 2 meh

Have you not seen gameplay footage of it at game shows?

Obviously this trailer is a much newer build, but all trailers are in-game (excluding 2005 of course). Their trailers have been in-game and the areas in the trailer are playable on the foor demo's.