By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OXM UK : GEARS 2 - 9/10 story and the final boss slight disappointment

taken from magazine

There are very few ways that Gears of War 2 could be improved on. Only the story and the final boss in particular are a slight disappointment. Fanboys will love the fact that only one of a multitude of story arcs is concluded; everyone else will feel slightly unfulfilled. But aside from this, Gears 2 is not just the most exhilarating game you'll play this year, but possibly the most heady and downright shocking piece of entertainment full stop. Hollywood, you days are numbered. [Dec 2008, p.61]

9/10

---------------------------

looks like gears of war 2 is set to be a spectacular game indeed i predict huge sales for this game and will aggregate highly on imo a flawed metacritic system.

i predict that gears of war 2 will score higher than resistance 2 that is going to be released on another platform, fanboy review driven or not i think both games will be superb and should satisfy everyones shooter needs.

all 2 consoles have great games coming this year!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

^^ True , True

Perhaps your title should have read:

"not just the most exhilarating game you'll play this year, but possibly the most heady and downright shocking piece of entertainment full stop"

*Gasp* OXM gives important XBOX 360 exclusive 9/10 .

Nice review, and a great score. It's nice to see something realistic out the gates for a review.........rather than a review that reads......

"OMFG it's and 11, a freaking 11, yep, pure squeezed awesomeness, I am Fenix you mother truckers, my torso hurts from one hand on controller, and other hand on.....well....you know". But I am sure there will be a few of those reviews to go around also.....XD.

Oh, and I am fully prepared for the responses of "If it's not a 10 it is a complete and utter failure by MS, anything less than a 10 is a failure" bull crap. This game will be Epic!

Around the Network

cool score for a cool game

Nice score, but MOLD.

Million said:
*Gasp* OXM gives important XBOX 360 exclusive 9/10 .

OXM is independent of Microsoft and OXM UK are tough reviewers.

It shouldn't get more than a 7 if the story really sucks

Ouch... a 9/10 from OXM

mM