By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Palin thinks she will be in charge of the US senate.

She honestly doesn't know what the vice president does.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_Senate#United_States

VP is the president of the US senate. Though they usually don't actually use their role.

Isn't this like last week old?

But yeah, she's not that smart. lol.

The Vice President is about as in charge of the Senate as George Bush is about in charge of this country right now. Its a nominal title at best.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Maybe she learned vice-presidential duties by watching HBO's John Adams where he seemed to have a very active role in the senate, of course that was 211 years ago.

Rocketpig has Paul Giamatti's eyes (as judged from his emo rocketpig avatar)

Around the Network

Actually, I have something from my American History textbook by Joseph R. Conlin that talks about the Vice-Presidency. I think it's kind of funny.

The vice president's only constitutional functions are to preside over the Senate, casting the deciding vote when the Senate is divided evenly, and to step in if the president dies, resigns, or is removed from office. No ambitious politician has ever been happy in the post. John Adams called the vice presidency "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived." When Theodore Roosevelt was nominated for the job in 1900, he feared that his political career had come to an end. John Nance Garner, vice president between 1933 and 1941, said the job wasn't "worth a pitcher of warm spit." Finley Peter Dune, who wrote a popular newspaper column in Irish America dialect at the turn of the twentieth century, summed it up: "Th' vice-presidincy is th' next highest an' the lowest. It isn't a crime exactly. Ye can't be sint to jail f-r it, but it's a kind iv a disgrace."

I think Thomas Jefferson was also bitching about the job when he was Vice-President, too.

Yeah i believe the exact Theordore Roosevelt quote was.

"The Vice presidency isn't a stepping stone to the presidency, it's a stepping stone to oblivion!"

I would say too that nothing she said was wrong at all.

You technically are head of the congress... and you would be able to get policy changes done with all the free time you would have to lobby.

She's been watching Cheney in office, so it's understandable why she thinks the VP has so much power lol

The VP comes in a votes if the senate ever ends up as a tie so in a way she kinda is the leader of the senate

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)