By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony release cross game invites in Resistance firmware?

It is not uncommon for Sony to release firmware with the release of a first/second party game.  They most recently released fw 2.50 with Socom.  This firmware enabled Sony's HQ voicechat functionality.  There are currently rumors circulating that Sony has released fw version 2.51 to demo units (http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation3/playstation-3-firmware-2-51-released-for-demo-units-only/). 

The Resistance 2 beta includes a friends list party invite that can be sent to PSN friends from the Resistance menu even if they are not currently playing the beta.  This "party invite" will show up in your xmb inbox as a standard message.  Currently, you can only reply to the message from the inbox.  Do you think Resistance 2 will be the first game to use Sony's version of cross game invites? 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Possibly, I think it would be the best one to start with as it is centred around multi player gaming

cross game invites and video slash voice chat are my last two wanted features for the ps3

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

dbot said:

It is not uncommon for Sony to release firmware with the release of a first/second party game.  They most recently released fw 2.50 with Socom.  This firmware enabled Sony's HQ voicechat functionality.  There are currently rumors circulating that Sony has released fw version 2.51 to demo units (http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation3/playstation-3-firmware-2-51-released-for-demo-units-only/). 

The Resistance 2 beta includes a friends list party invite that can be sent to PSN friends from the Resistnace menu even if they are not currently playing the beta.  This "party invite" will show up in your xmb inbox as a standard message.  Currently, you can only reply to the message from the inbox.  Do you think Resistance 2 will be the first game to use Sony's version of cross game invites? 

Rainbow 6: Vegas and Splinter Cell:Double Agent had those in mid 2007.

@Dogs Rule - That sucks I thought I was on to something. It's a useless feature as is. All Sony needs to do is add a "Join Party" button to the message.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Whats the point? You can already just send your friends a message on the XMB telling them to come join you while you are already playing. It wouldn't take but 5 seconds with canned messages.