By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you think Iran doesnt arm militias?

Kasz216 said:
Rath said:
Iran arms anti-American militias and America arms anti-Iran militias. Its a war by proxy.

Does it?  It wouldn't surprise me... but i haven't seen anything to this effect.

Iran-Iraq War in 1980s Iraq was armed by America and other nations, so it wouldn't surprise me if they still do.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Kasz216 said:
Rath said:
Iran arms anti-American militias and America arms anti-Iran militias. Its a war by proxy.

Does it?  It wouldn't surprise me... but i haven't seen anything to this effect.

Iran-Iraq War in 1980s Iraq was armed by America and other nations, so it wouldn't surprise me if they still do.

Yet there is no actual proof of it.

Furthermore... Iraq was an actual country.  Not a group of "freedom Fighters/terrorists".

Rath said:
Kasz216 said:
Rath said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awakening_movements_in_Iraq

Essentially Iran arms militia in Iraq and America pays militia to fight against the Iranian armed militia.

I would say that the US is likely providing funds for Allah's Brigade (Jundullah); Allah's Brigade operates on the Balochi border attacking both Pakistani and Iranian targets. There is also support in the US government for the PMOI

Jackson50 said:
Rath said:
Kasz216 said:
Rath said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awakening_movements_in_Iraq

Essentially Iran arms militia in Iraq and America pays militia to fight against the Iranian armed militia.

I would say that the US is likely providing funds for Allah's Brigade (Jundullah); Allah's Brigade operates on the Balochi border attacking both Pakistani and Iranian targets. There is also support in the US government for the PMOI

Why are we supporting someone who attacks Pakistain?

Kasz216 said:

Why are we supporting someone who attacks Pakistain?

Because they target Iran with a higher frequency. I believe it was in 2005 when they killed approximately twenty Iranians- the casualties included some who were Revolutionary Guard members. I should note that it is only speculated that the Pakistani and Iranian Balochistan groups collaborate. It should stand to reason, however, that the Balochi’s strong national identity leads to some cooperation between the two groups.