By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Buying LBP will move the industry forward?

radha said:
CaptDS9E said:
"but the 2 MTV guys are trying to defend Rock Band"

One of the guys is an editor for gametrailers, the other is Jeff Gertsman from Giantbomb.com. They don't work for MTV.

As for LBP, I hope it does sell. The industry won't implode if it does not, but it is a original idea, and the first real big game for user generated content on a console

i think GT belongs to MTV. can someone confirm it cus am not sure.

Gametrailers.com was founded by Geoff Grotz and Brandon Jones in 2003. Jon Slusser and his company Hornet Animation invested in the startup, and Jon took over as CEO. The company was then acquired by MTV Networks in November of 2005 for an undisclosed sum.

In 2007, MTV Networks restructured its entertainment division, merging Ifilm.com and SpikeTV.com into Spike.com, and grouping this new property, Gametrailers, and Xfire into Spike Digital Entertainment, with Jon Slusser as the new SVP in charge, Geoff Grotz as VP of Product Development, and Brad Winters as the new GM of Gametrailers.com.

Around the Network

haha @ squill
I've been playing all day yesterday. All night tonight. I'm at the third world and I'm having problems putting the controller down :P

LBP does indeed represent a baby step forward for Sony -a step outside the only remaining demographic it has after ten years of domination by the so-called "hardcore"- and this should be encouraged. But gaming as a whole is already well ahead of what even LBP has to offer; you just need a different console to experience what happens when gaming really moves forward

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

theprof00 said:
haha @ squill
I've been playing all day yesterday. All night tonight. I'm at the third world and I'm having problems putting the controller down :P

I hate you...

We only get it on the 7th!

I blame Wii Music.

Tease.

Many people are not interested by LBP. It`s a great game,but you can`t say that it will move the industry forward when not everybody can play it or want to play it.

Around the Network

You don't think that buying new, inventive, and different console games helps move the industry forward (and thus make it better)? Don't you think the gaming world would be just a little more awesome if games like Okami or Beyond Good and Evil had been huge sales hits instead of just awesome games that unfortunately never caught on?

This is what he's talking about, he just doesn't want to see another great inventive game become a sales flop.

Millennium said:

LBP does indeed represent a baby step forward for Sony -a step outside the only remaining demographic it has after ten years of domination by the so-called "hardcore"- and this should be encouraged. But gaming as a whole is already well ahead of what even LBP has to offer; you just need a different console to experience what happens when gaming really moves forward

Please do tell what console you are referring to.

Millenium what are you talking about
ps2- Katamari Damacy (AKA casual GOTGeneration) end of story.

Do people really buy games to "benefit the industry" and "show their support"? They should only buy games that they are interested in playing for fun. (Yes, the game can be very hardcore or Wii Sports like, but still it's the fun that matters).

You might as well buy the shares of the company who made the game to show your support.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

actually kylohk, "benefitting the industry" aka supporting "ingroup dominance" is rather detailed and prevalent among all walks of life.