By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

Words Of Wisdom said:
BeTa77 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I don't want to. Bethesda's games are always mediocre.

But... it's... Fallout...

I've got to stay strong and resist temptation.

Bethesdas games are not "mediocre" oblivion was, but obviously you have never played the classic Elder Scroll's, i mean (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind)

When did Morrowind become a classic?  O.o

Anyway, I have Morrowind and the expansions (Tribunal/Bloodmoon) for the PC.  I played it for a little while, got bored, stopped playing it.  A couple years later, I came back, downloaded every mod I could that looked fun, and played it again.

The game itself is crap.  Utter crap.  The story is boring, the characters shallow, the plot is uninteresting, and outside of just exploring and messing around there is almost nothing worthwhile in Morrowind.  Also, Learn-By-Doing is the single worst alternative system ever created in the history of video games.  I don't want to spend 5 hours hopping up and down to be able to soar through the air.  That's not fun.  That's not interesting.  That's tedium.

The most fun I had was just experimenting with mods and the first time I saw that giant Statue Of Liberty-esqe thing on the coast (Ashura/Asura monument I think it was called).   The mods are the only reason I ever bothered to even finish it.  That's the thing that made Oblivion crappy too.  They kept many of the worst elements of Morrowind, made minor improvements, updated the graphics, and called it a new game.  I didn't even want to play Oblivion after it first came out because (like Morrowind) it's mostly garbage without mods.

Bethesda gets a heck of a lot more credit than they deserve for Elder Scrolls games (especially Morrowind) because stupid people enjoy jumping up and down for 5 hours straight while wandering through the drab environments fighting the same 3 enemies over and over.

/rant

Really? I didn't particularly enjoy Oblivion but I spent so many hours on Morrowind - it was quite simply the best fantasy world I have ever found in a game. In my opinion the characters were mildly interesting but the world was extremely well designed - the actual plot was average but the rest of the game was just so fun to run around and explore.

Oblivions main problem was its bland uninteresting world (Morrowind had such an interesting landscape in comparison) and its ridiculous level scaling.

Around the Network
Roma said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Roma said:
no, most of the stuff i have seen is crap in my opinion.... sorry

I'm pretty sure that if I said that about an exclusive PS3 game, I'd get lambased for trolling, but let me ask you...what have you seen?

Half a video here, half a video there nothing griping and new in it, at least I haven’t watched a video far enough to see anything new :P

I wasn’t trolling I was answering the question and I gave it and a reason. If I said just “no” that would be as spamming :P for not having much content in my post…   

I didn't say you were trolling.

As for what you've seen, I figured you saw the crappy E3 demo, and I was just going to tell you that that particular demo sucked, because it was poorly demonstrated, and the same person demo'd it later that day, and it looked great.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Possibly... it looks like it will be an allright game. Not as awesome as Fallout 3 could of been... but oh well.

If not i'll probably just get borderlands.  Which looks awesome.  Shooter with randomly generated guns?  Over 500,000?  That's going to rule.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Roma said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Roma said:
no, most of the stuff i have seen is crap in my opinion.... sorry

I'm pretty sure that if I said that about an exclusive PS3 game, I'd get lambased for trolling, but let me ask you...what have you seen?

Half a video here, half a video there nothing griping and new in it, at least I haven’t watched a video far enough to see anything new :P

I wasn’t trolling I was answering the question and I gave it and a reason. If I said just “no” that would be as spamming :P for not having much content in my post…   

I didn't say you were trolling.

As for what you've seen, I figured you saw the crappy E3 demo, and I was just going to tell you that that particular demo sucked, because it was poorly demonstrated, and the same person demo'd it later that day, and it looked great.

Then I will have to look in to it a bit more

PS: I didn’t say you said I was trolling I just wanted to make it clear for others who might have thought I was

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Rath said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
BeTa77 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I don't want to. Bethesda's games are always mediocre.

But... it's... Fallout...

I've got to stay strong and resist temptation.

Bethesdas games are not "mediocre" oblivion was, but obviously you have never played the classic Elder Scroll's, i mean (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind

When did Morrowind become a classic?  O.o

Anyway, I have Morrowind and the expansions (Tribunal/Bloodmoon) for the PC.  I played it for a little while, got bored, stopped playing it.  A couple years later, I came back, downloaded every mod I could that looked fun, and played it again.

The game itself is crap.  Utter crap.  The story is boring, the characters shallow, the plot is uninteresting, and outside of just exploring and messing around there is almost nothing worthwhile in Morrowind.  Also, Learn-By-Doing is the single worst alternative system ever created in the history of video games.  I don't want to spend 5 hours hopping up and down to be able to soar through the air.  That's not fun.  That's not interesting.  That's tedium.

The most fun I had was just experimenting with mods and the first time I saw that giant Statue Of Liberty-esqe thing on the coast (Ashura/Asura monument I think it was called).   The mods are the only reason I ever bothered to even finish it.  That's the thing that made Oblivion crappy too.  They kept many of the worst elements of Morrowind, made minor improvements, updated the graphics, and called it a new game.  I didn't even want to play Oblivion after it first came out because (like Morrowind) it's mostly garbage without mods.

Bethesda gets a heck of a lot more credit than they deserve for Elder Scrolls games (especially Morrowind) because stupid people enjoy jumping up and down for 5 hours straight while wandering through the drab environments fighting the same 3 enemies over and over.

/rant

Really? I didn't particularly enjoy Oblivion but I spent so many hours on Morrowind - it was quite simply the best fantasy world I have ever found in a game. In my opinion the characters were mildly interesting but the world was extremely well designed - the actual plot was average but the rest of the game was just so fun to run around and explore.

Oblivions main problem was its bland uninteresting world (Morrowind had such an interesting landscape in comparison) and its ridiculous level scaling.

The nature/seasons mods were essential IMO to Morrowind looking semi-decent.  Exploration got really dull after a while though finding that monument was definitely a bright spot in the whole thing.

Around the Network

Somehow Bethesda games don't really appeal to me, so no fallout for me

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

Personally dont care if someone is trolling if they bring a valid point or some facts with there opinon

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

More on point, Fallout 3 just got a 9.6 from IGN.... :P

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I loved Fallout 2 but Oblivion didn't quite cut it for me so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll be taking a wait-and-see approach to Fallout 3.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
More on point, Fallout 3 just got a 9.6 from IGN.... :P

So the game is even better than Oblivion =p.