By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix givin the PSP sum Lovin' and givin the PS3 sum hatin?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

Versus will probably sell like FFX-2 (in relation to X): over a million, possibly the higher end, but it won't pass 2 million without luck and legs. And considering how cheap FFX-2 was to make, that's not really a good thing with lower sales expectations.

FFXIII will probably do somewhere in the high 2 millions/low 3 million. I think that entirely depends on the install base and how many people willing to pick up a PS3 just for FFXIII, and this will effect Versus in that it will msot likely do 50-60% of what FFXIII did.

Either way, there's no chance in hell both combined will 10 million in Japan.

Comparing Versus XIII to X-2? FAIL!

You're right.

X-2 will probably be better than Versus once everything is said and done.

Im putting that in my sig its so damn funny lol. then when it gets a 10 from like 20 trillion gaming sites ima laugh my arse off. :P

Whatever helps you sleep at night. X-2 will still most likely be the better game.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

Versus will probably sell like FFX-2 (in relation to X): over a million, possibly the higher end, but it won't pass 2 million without luck and legs. And considering how cheap FFX-2 was to make, that's not really a good thing with lower sales expectations.

FFXIII will probably do somewhere in the high 2 millions/low 3 million. I think that entirely depends on the install base and how many people willing to pick up a PS3 just for FFXIII, and this will effect Versus in that it will msot likely do 50-60% of what FFXIII did.

I'm lost will VXIII be an Action game (like Dirge of Cerberus which sucked) or an RPG.

Its sort of gonna be a Cross Between Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII/ Kingdom Hearts/ EST.

I find those 2 games' development time to be kind of odd.  I mean White Knight is almost out. and SE is STILL working on those 2.  I think XIII will pass the 5 mil. mark. can't say the same thing about Versus.

superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

I'm lost will VXIII be an Action game (like Dirge of Cerberus which sucked) or an RPG.

Its sort of gonna be a Cross Between Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII/ Kingdom Hearts/ EST.

I find those 2 games' development time to be kind of odd.  I mean White Knight is almost out. and SE is STILL working on those 2.  I think XIII will pass the 5 mil. mark. can't say the same thing about Versus.

5M WW for XII will happen, maybe even a lil more. but Versus XIII being a PS3 Exclusive should still move 3M+ copys without to much trouble. WW that is.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

5M WW for XII will happen, maybe even a lil more. but Versus XIII being a PS3 Exclusive should still move 3M+ copys without to much trouble. WW that is.

I think XIII will do 5M on the PS3 alone. 2.5M in Japan, 1.5-2M in NA, and MAYBE 1M in Europe.

superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

I think XIII will do 5M on the PS3 alone. 2.5M in Japan, 1.5-2M in NA, and MAYBE 1M in Europe.

Ahh, now that you put it that way i understand. and i agree 100%,