By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix givin the PSP sum Lovin' and givin the PS3 sum hatin?

I think that SE does give enough love to the PS3, problem lies in low marketshare of the PS3 that they have to put much effort on the 360 as well, by making FF multiplat and creating some games for the system. I expect FFXIIIv to be multiplat as well because of this same reasons.

About handheld debate i think SE gives enough support for both PSP and the DS, they create different games with different budgets but the quality is there and that what matters. FF IV and TWEWY are awesome, and so are FFT: WoL ( i would love to see that on the DS as well) and CC:FFVII.

They certainly do hate the Wii, without serious reason but they will eventually support it.

Around the Network

they ignore the wii at their own peril

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

@Darthdevidem As far as I know that is only REVENUE not PROFIT, get me something that says it has made more profit and I will beleive you, but Revenue=/= profit.

for final fantasy low marketshare doens't matter the game is going to sell.

same as GT games.

and halo.

ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

Versus will probably sell like FFX-2 (in relation to X): over a million, possibly the higher end, but it won't pass 2 million without luck and legs. And considering how cheap FFX-2 was to make, that's not really a good thing with lower sales expectations.

FFXIII will probably do somewhere in the high 2 millions/low 3 million. I think that entirely depends on the install base and how many people willing to pick up a PS3 just for FFXIII, and this will effect Versus in that it will msot likely do 50-60% of what FFXIII did.

Either way, there's no chance in hell both combined will 10 million in Japan.

Comparing Versus XIII to X-2? FAIL!

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

Versus will probably sell like FFX-2 (in relation to X): over a million, possibly the higher end, but it won't pass 2 million without luck and legs. And considering how cheap FFX-2 was to make, that's not really a good thing with lower sales expectations.

FFXIII will probably do somewhere in the high 2 millions/low 3 million. I think that entirely depends on the install base and how many people willing to pick up a PS3 just for FFXIII, and this will effect Versus in that it will msot likely do 50-60% of what FFXIII did.

I'm lost will VXIII be an Action game (like Dirge of Cerberus which sucked) or an RPG.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

You're right.

X-2 will probably be better than Versus once everything is said and done.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

You're right.

X-2 will probably be better than Versus once everything is said and done.

Im putting that in my sig its so damn funny lol. then when it gets a 10 from like 20 trillion gaming sites ima laugh my arse off. :P

superbeast1370 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No.

I'm lost will VXIII be an Action game (like Dirge of Cerberus which sucked) or an RPG.

Its sort of gonna be a Cross Between Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII/ Kingdom Hearts/ EST.

Double post... -.-