By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix givin the PSP sum Lovin' and givin the PS3 sum hatin?

ffxv13 would be multiplatform........

Around the Network

@Seraphic: But then, SE shouldn't even be doing PSP or HD games, as DS games are cheaper and faster to develop and bring in more profits because of the massive userbase and previous SE successes.

Why aren't they doing that? Because companies are stuck in their beliefs and stubborn policies and sometimes receive moneyhats, also because they have a history of supporting home consoles where most of their big franchises sales come from. Still they chose to put DQIX on the DS, which shows that SE may stop to worry about home consoles. We can be sure of 1 thing, that if SE still wants to support home consoles, they will do whatever it takes to make the Wii fail in Japan.

Still Nintendo will destroy them, because they aren't as infuential as they were once anymore. Just read the Wada thoughts about the Japanese gaming market, where he obviously dismisses Nintendo as a gaming company since he says no company is doing good there and proposes an alliance, which is most probably one to prevent Nintendo from succeding. This time who will save them from bankrupcy after their stubborn decisions?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

321tttrini4everz said:

Naw, they confirmed Versus as World-Wide Exclusive already, something that they didnt even do for regular XIII so...

trestres said:
@Seraphic: But then, SE shouldn't even be doing PSP or HD games, as DS games are cheaper and faster to develop and bring in more profits because of the massive userbase and previous SE successes.

Why aren't they doing that? Because companies are stuck in their beliefs and stubborn policies and sometimes receive moneyhats, also because they have a history of supporting home consoles where most of their big franchises sales come from. Still they chose to put DQIX on the DS, which shows that SE may stop to worry about home consoles. We can be sure of 1 thing, that if SE still wants to support home consoles, they will do whatever it takes to make the Wii fail in Japan.

Still Nintendo will destroy them, because they aren't as infuential as they were once anymore. Just read the Wada thoughts about the Japanese gaming market, where he obviously dismisses Nintendo as a gaming company since he says no company is doing good there and proposes an alliance, which is most probably one to prevent Nintendo from succeding. This time who will save them from bankrupcy after their stubborn decisions?

I Agree 100%, thats why it makes no sense, which leads me to belive Sony MUST be moneyhatting to Square Enix, but not in the form we expect.

We all think they'll bring in some sort of Epic JRPG for the PS3 and so forth (Excluding Versus XIII since that was confirmed WW Exclusive recently) as for new ones they havent, instead there grabing a few great ones for the damn PSP, if there doing it at all, if not i dunno Square Enix is just down right WEIRD...lol...

Truth be told in my personal opinion the PSP wouldnt be worth owning if it were not for the upcoming exclusive Square Enix titles for the PSP. that and the recently released game Crisis Core that is.

Its odd like i said, they could with ease make them as DL PS3 HD games but nooooo.....Ala WipeOut HD and so on.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
321tttrini4everz said:

Naw, they confirmed Versus as World-Wide Exclusive already, something that they didnt even do for regular XIII so...

u believe them after the same thing was said about ff13 ???????

321tttrini4everz said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
321tttrini4everz said:

They never confirmed Final Fantasy Regular XIII as World Wide Exclusive only simply stating "Coming to Playstation 3" never confirming anything exclusive.

As for Versus it was recently Named "World-Wide Exclusive" something that regular NEVER was deemed as.

Basicly it was Never said FFXIII was PS3 exclusive merely coming to it "First" in japan. and in Versus XIII's case it is indeed a full exclusive to the PS3. not just because they "Say" it is... but you do realize whos in charge of versus right?

in the last two generations, SE was hugely successful because of they most of their stuff came out on PSone/PS2. this gen they're a huge mess, Versus might bomb like Dirge of Cerberus, they're games are coming out 360 which has an install base of 700k in Japan, and overall games systems are like this 1) DS, 2) PSP, 3) 360, 4) PS3, 5) Wii.

There's no way Square Enix isn't working on something for the Wii that we don't know about.

Damn, that's a lot of negatives. Let me try again.

Square Enix has to be working on a Wii title we don't know about yet. Selling half a million copies of a a DQ upgrade to a interactive sword toy game would have been reason enough for them to start investing in the Wii more. And they can't honestly be oblivious to the Wii's sales world wide, let alone in Japan. Somethings coming. Something has to be coming. For their sake.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

321tttrini4everz said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
321tttrini4everz said:

Because Wada can't control Nomura's works with a 100% :P and especially now that they have some minor conflicts @SE office.

Maybe in the future they will change their minds, depends on how the 360 version of FFXIII will sell or how versusXIII will sell on the PS3

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi