By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Sports still amazing

ItsaMii said:
jlauro said:
Jo21 said:
isn't this bundled?

So is MGS4 and many other games.

This is not bundled in Japan.

Please only compare Wii Sports with good games.

Agreed.  This game should not be mentioned in the same breath as Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario World or Tetris when it comes to all time great pack-ins.  Wii Sports isn't even close.

Edit:  I misread your post.  MGS4 is fantastic.  It's laughable that anyone would claim Wii Sports is on the same level.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
i kinda wish it wasn't bundled so we could see how much it would sell. No doubt it would still be huge.

I agree, i'd love to see actual sales that it would be if it wasn't bundled.

No doubt it would be 10 million + but it wouldn't be a ridiculous 30 million or whatever it is

I'm sorry but its bundled.

POKEMON Red/BLue

is THE BIGGEST PHENOMENON gaming will probably ever see!

it was never bundled and got there....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wii Sports is an amazing, yet simple game. I've had spent many hours especially on Wii Boxing and Tennis with my friends, and it still havent lost its magic.

The title would sell well regardless of the bundle, just look a the Japan numbers of this software.

Falcon095 said:
Wii Sports is the best system seller ever!

no Pokemon Blue/red is my friend

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Wii Sports is the Super Mario Bros. of our generation, kiddy at first glance but it has alot of hidden depth to it. I would love to see it pass Super Mario Bros. and become the best selling video game of all time.

Pixel Art can be fun.

dougsdad0629 said:
ItsaMii said:
jlauro said:
Jo21 said:
isn't this bundled?

So is MGS4 and many other games.

This is not bundled in Japan.

Please only compare Wii Sports with good games.

Edit:  I misread your post.  Wii Sports is fantastic.  It's laughable that anyone would claim MGS4 is on the same level.

Fixed.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I love Wii Sports. My family loves Wii sports. It is the only game that my mother in law asks to play. It's just fun for everyone. EVERYONE. But it would have not sold nearly that many copies if it hadn't been bundled. Just over 10 mil if not bundled and only if it was one of those 29 dollar titles. Super Mario Bros on the other hand would have sold ooodles whether it was bundled or not. It's still one of the best game concepts ever created. If we're still talking about Wiisports 25 years from now I will be surprised.

bulletstopper636 said:
I love Wii Sports. My family loves Wii sports. It is the only game that my mother in law asks to play. It's just fun for everyone. EVERYONE. But it would have not sold nearly that many copies if it hadn't been bundled. Just over 10 mil if not bundled and only if it was one of those 29 dollar titles. Super Mario Bros on the other hand would have sold ooodles whether it was bundled or not. It's still one of the best game concepts ever created. If we're still talking about Wiisports 25 years from now I will be surprised.

I think people WILL still being talking about Wii Sports after 25 years.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Wii Sports is the Super Mario Bros. of our generation, kiddy at first glance but it has alot of hidden depth to it. I would love to see it pass Super Mario Bros. and become the best selling video game of all time.

I agree completely. Wii Sports will go on to be the most influential game of this decade.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.