By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict LPB first day sales in Japan

Anyway, I don't think it being a western developed game will be much of a problem for this game:

Q: But because you built the level, it had a British vibe to it?

Alex Evans: Yes, and I think Sackboy has an identifiable style as well. But I think it's interesting, because the biggest compliment we've had so far during development is that when we showed the game at Tokyo Game Show, the feedback - they did little focus tests, asking people what they thought of the game - they thought it was developed by a Japanese developer. That's a huge compliment over there, because Western-developed games don't typically sell as well, so I'm watching the bottom line and hoping we'll sell more copies... [laughs]

Link

Sunday brought the biggest surprise - we were awarded one of the prestigious ‘future’ awards at TGS. These are a huge deal, in the japanese territory. Think ‘best-of-tgs audience choice’ type thing. Or in their words, ‘the most anticipated games of the year’. These are, I believe, the top 12 games shown at TGS as voted for by both visitors, fans and developers. There was a special awards ceremony, where each game was shown and a member of its team interviewed - in japanese. I stood, glazed and rather silly looking on stage as Kim-san deftly fielded questions and distracted nay-sayers with his trademark golden shoes.

To be the only western-developed game that achieved one of these awards this year, was incredible - so much so that I can even report that tears were shed all round. It’s a testament to the quality of the localisation that SCEI have done for us. Siobhan, Dave and a whole bunch of us at MM have always been fans of japanese games so to be recognised there by japanese players and developers left us all rather speechless and a bit… shuffley. It hasn’t really sunk in, in fact.

So, a great reception for LBP in japan. Can’t wait to see the reviews and reaction once it comes out there on the 30th!

Link

Around the Network

Shouldn't review for this game in Japan be coming out (or have already come out)?

If so, how do they regard the game? May be a good indicator. (especially the famitsu one, since they admit taking hype and public anticipation into consideration)

papflesje said:
Shouldn't review for this game in Japan be coming out (or have already come out)?

If so, how do they regard the game? May be a good indicator. (especially the famitsu one, since they admit taking hype and public anticipation into consideration)

Famitsu 38/40 (http://www.blogyjuegos.com/juegos/09479/littlebigplanet/famitsu/ps3)

Dengeki 9.5/10 (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-220157.aspx)

Famitsu scored it 10-10-9-9.

And I'm guessing 38 is very VERY good according to famitsu standards?

Around the Network

i don't think it being a western game really affects it. If it looked like a western game it might, but this game was well designed in this way. It really does appeal to everyone.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I think 30,000 first day would be cool, maybe 70,000 first week. Better than normal, but nothing spectacular

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

First day: 28k.

First day - 36k

First week - 60k

First day - 19k

First week - 35k