By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict LPB first day sales in Japan

leo-j said:
Wow people are predicting very very low sales..

Tell us your predictions then.

Look, you have a history of being biased to anything that's Sony, for example you said that neither Wii Fit or MKwii will sell more than GTA4 on the PS3, that it won't even be close.
So I think you would be able to criticize other people's predictions once you actually make one that's not a joke.

20k is not too low, since the game could en up selling up to 100k on it's first week, and you have to consider it's a western game besed off on a new IP and the game isn't as hyped there as in the West. I want to hear compared to what are this predictions too low. Tell me you dont expect LBP to sell 100k first day right?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
hayeya_k said:
60,000 first day, 100,000 for the week

(but i have a feeling that it will blow everyones sales expectation and be a monster)

not with those sales.   No PS3 game has shown legs that would put 100k a week into something anywhere near resembling a "monster."  The closest thing the PS3 has is hot shots golf which did 170k first week and 500k lifetime and hot shots golf is more casual of a game than LBP.  Before someone brings up the bundles, most games that are semi-big at all in Japan have bundles.  Even bladestorm had a bundle.

What's your prediction?

i'm gonna say 85k first day 150k first week. 450k LTD.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

trestres said:
leo-j said:
Wow people are predicting very very low sales..

Tell us your predictions then.

Look, you have a history of being biased to anything that's Sony, for example you said that neither Wii Fit or MKwii will sell more than GTA4 on the PS3, that it won't even be close.
So I think you would be able to criticize other people's predictions once you actually make one that's not a joke.

20k is not too low, since the game could en up selling up to 100k on it's first week, and you have to consider it's a western game besed off on a new IP and the game isn't as hyped there as in the West. I want to hear compared to what are this predictions too low. Tell me you dont expect LBP to sell 100k first day right?

Pwned...

alot

Around the Network

20K sounds about right, I can see 1M lime time sales worldwide for the game, nothing big. This is no GT5 or FF, it will not sell as well as people think.

I think is around 30K

johnsobas said:

Well, for PS3 that's a monster :). Although to triple it's first week's sales would require the legs of HSG5, which as you said is probably more casual.

It's a tricky game to predict though, could go either way.

Hmmm...60K day 1, 110K first week. 300K lifetime.

BKK2 said:
johnsobas said:

Well, for PS3 that's a monster :). Although to triple it's first week's sales would require the legs of HSG5, which as you said is probably more casual.

It's a tricky game to predict though, could go either way.

well you can call it a monster but i was under the impression that many people had huge expectations for this, and 450k may be OK but it isn't going to do much for the PS3 (and no, doubling or tripling sales for a week means nothing in the long run).  Predictions are gonna be all over the place because really we have no idea.  If it's marketed aggressively maybe it can break through but Japan has had a really tough time with new IPs lately.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X