By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will there ever be a handheld that outsells Nintendo's?

Maybe PSP3 if it exists. People may say PSP hasn't been successful, but it has gone into a market with 100% Nintendo domination and took 32% of that market. In a way it reminds me of the Sega SNES battle (not a 100% comparison). Now as long as Sony actually follows up, unlike Sega, it may have a chance to claim the market in 1 or 2 gens.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network

Well nothing is impossible so ... We should look at what's happening right now, who thought that nintendo would be the first on the console market?

I think that the psp would have been the leader on the handheld market if nintendo had "just" produced a "simple" gameboy, but they made a brand new handheld, too bad for sony.

But well, anything can happen is this market.

darthdevidem01 said:
No Pokemon = No win

Pretty much.

(>'.')>

I expect PSP to overtake the DS around late 2009 or early 2010

If I could see into the future I would be able to answer your question. Without the benefit of my crystal ball I will say that until Pokemon is no more a global phenomenum it won't happen.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

IMO only 2 companies have the capability to do so..

- Nokia
Just integrate it into your phones. Who doesn't love a Trojan horse strategy!

Apple :

If Steve jobs packaged his shit in a white enamel box, people would buy it. enough said

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

illuminatus said:
I expect PSP to overtake the DS around late 2009 or early 2010

I really don't think that will ever happen.

OT: I think that maybe in the next 2-4 generations, Nintendo will not win, but it will be really close.

At arsenicazure: About Nokia, N-Gage says hi.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

^yeah the psp will never overtake the ds

Not anytime soon. Sony screwed up with the psp for making it a multimedia devise instead of just focusing on games. It doesn't have much support in games so Nintendo has the edge there.

If a company like Apple enters the market and competes directly with Nintendo by focusing on Casual games and making the console only for gaming porpuses then maybe Nintendo could get a run for its money.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I can't see it happening soon, definitely not this or even the next generation. The PSP was the best chance and they weren't even close. Nintendo has broad appeal (guys and kids like it too LoL) and it will always sell tens of millions. It has a first party gaming library nobody can touch and they give a quality system at a very affordable price right from launch.

I'll come up with something better eventually...