By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam weekend deal: The Ship package for 4.99$

ANyone have any words for this game?

This game looks very interesting but I held off due to the price but nows the time to get it.

God I love these Steam weekend deals, I've gotten so many good games (Prey Bioshock DoD:S) for great prices.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network

THANK YOU. I tried finding the game used and got it for 11$.... It didn't work lol. Copy protection :/ so I got a refund. this is an even better deal!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Steam's the best.

Strategyking92 said:
THANK YOU. I tried finding the game used and got it for 11$.... It didn't work lol. Copy protection :/ so I got a refund. this is an even better deal!

I fell for the same trap too, bought it used at EB and the key was already registered on steam.

Stupid EB for selling that and myself for not checking.

The Ship was ok...but not enough people play it lately.

It simply is a little flawed, which killed the fanbase. Run around a cruise ship trying to find your prey, while someone else is trying to get you...foiled by your basic needs to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom (lol).

It's humorous, but what ultimately always happens, because there are security cameras or guards in some places, people go there for a safe haven, and then their murderer comes there too. Within a couple minutes, most players are casually walking around a main shopping or dining area...waiting for someone to have to take a crap or sleep...and the prey knows who it is by then...and it's simply a game of getting the toilet stall door open and killing them.

Ok, so that still might sound a little fun, but it gets a little old I guess.

I hate to slander a game on Steam, but The Ship might not be the best buy.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I played a bit and it was pretty unique multiplay...and yeah I did notice the flaws Ben pointed out. Still fun tho.
There were some servers with lots of people in it, probably because of the Steam Sale. For $4.99 its pretty hard to pass.

So, if I'm not interested in online multiplayer I shouldn't buy it?

I really like the whole concept of this game and I think this game has the potential to be a good but unfortunately there are just too many flaws that make gameplay experience crappy.

-Cluster♥♥♥c. Why is there collision? Hallways are too small and crowded with too many people blocking each other. Collision should be like TF2.

-Witnesses. I really hate these. whats the point of these? IMO they add nothing to the game, just frustration. They're everywhere and the moment you pull out your weapon(walking stick or umbrella LOL) you're in jail. Even when theres no eye icon and you think youre safe they randomly appear and send you to jail.

-Jail. I hate it when my query is in jail because you can't do anything but wait and be in risk to be hunted yourself. Jail sentence time is too long. Everyone released at the same place is dumb too as it promotes waiting.

-Safe camping. People just wait near a guard or camera until the round is over. Or they camp in a room and block the door. Nothing you can do - ggs.