By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Little Big Planet=everything the reviews say and more

Its not fair :(

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
leo-j said:
You guys are making me feel bad that I bought farcry..

You should because Far Cry is 2 a very dissapointing game. Did you really buy it instead of LBP?

Lies! It's actually pretty good, not as great as the reviewers put it IMO. The multiplayer is a blast, reminds me of Call of Duty 4.

As for LBP, I still can't get excited for it. It looks very boring.

Yojimbo said:
leo-j said:
You guys are making me feel bad that I bought farcry..

You should because Far Cry is 2 a very dissapointing game. Did you really buy it instead of LBP?

farcry 2 is ace i recomend it to anyone

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I wont even think about touching it because i HATE platformers.

Well, I'm not a platformer fan, precise coordination bits make me nervous instead of amused, but I really must say that level makingmusic476 posted is really fascinating, if I was a fan of the genre, this could become my top game. I like a lot that almost Tomb Raider-like scenery too, almost a mix between the aztech levels and the floating island ones, more than others I saw browsing the net.
And the editor and its possibilities, if I had kids, I could give it to them for Xmas, even as an extra gift if they asked something other, I think the creative part can really have educational value without the pedantic downsides true educational games often have.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
lwhatee said:
Hawkeye said:
Is it better or worse than Super Mario World (SNES) in your opinion? I may buy a PS3 for this game.

dude this is better than any game out there

it kills everything based on just the beta

lol

Wait you're serious.

lol

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Well, I'm not a platformer fan, precise coordination bits make me nervous instead of amused, but I really must say that level makingmusic476 posted is really fascinating, if I was a fan of the genre, this could become my top game. I like a lot that almost Tomb Raider-like scenery too, almost a mix between the aztech levels and the floating island ones, more than others I saw browsing the net.
And the editor and its possibilities, if I had kids, I could give it to them for Xmas, even as an extra gift if they asked something other, I think the creative part can really have educational value without the pedantic downsides true educational games often have.

I can't remember the last time I bought a pure platformer and yet I love this game more then anything I have played in years.  Its appeal, especially after you play it, extends well beyond just people who already like Mario and Sonic games.  It really is something completely new and exciting.  I would bet 90% of gamers and even 70+% of non gamers will love this game if they try it for more then a few minutes.  It's a barrier breaker.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Untouch said:
lwhatee said:
Hawkeye said:
Is it better or worse than Super Mario World (SNES) in your opinion? I may buy a PS3 for this game.

dude this is better than any game out there

it kills everything based on just the beta

lol

Wait you're serious.

lol

lol

Wait you've never played it.

lol

Hawkeye said:
bobobologna said:
makingmusic476 said:
Hawkeye said:
Bobo012893 said:
Hawkeye said:

In my opinion it's better. It's the best platform game I have ever played. When you first put in the game it makes you smile and feel all warm inside. But contrary to common belief, the later parts of the game are hard as balls.

And there are so many unlockables that it is rediculous. There are around 50 unlockables through around 25 levels and 20 unlockables for every tutorial and there are like 25 of those

I am really good at platformers. SMB3 imo has a good difficulty level in world 6-8; not all that touch but still challenging. Anyway, I love making my own super mario world levels in a program called Lunar Magic, and I have some really good and creative levels. How are the level creation tools in LBP? Super Smash Bros Brawl got me excited over the level editor, but the game treid to do to much and eneded up sucking at everything except the core gameplay (and even that went backwards a bit) so that editor sucked. THe LBP level ediotr is better, right? Promo movies make it look good, but its hard to gauge since they speed up/skip things in those movies.

Behold the power of the editor:

:D

Amazing. Simply amazing.

EDIT:  I had to stop myself from watching the full video so that I can enjoy playing through it myself.

Is that a dev made level, or a custom level?

Custom.

OMG stop making these threads I can only get it on tuesday!! :(