By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did I install my surround sound speakers correctly? IS BG&E 480i only?

Because of space constraints, i had to install my Z680's speakers in a special way. Everything is correct except the rear speakers. I was forced to put one rear speaker directly behind where i sit, and the other on the left where it's supposed to be. Is this ok?

Picture of what i mean.

The circle is where i sit. Will this remove the immersion?

BTW, is BG&E really 480i only and 55blocks? It says 20, but when i play it, its 55. What the crap? I might have to get a new Memory card.

What game will surround sound help most with on the Wii and GC?

Around the Network

can't someone help me?

to be honest its not really ideal but you can't have everything when you got space constraints.

You just have to use your ears and see if it sounds right. Would it awesome if you can get the volume sorted by a professional or someone with professional sound measuring stuff you can adjust the volume for each individual speaker as the Rear Right speaker seems to be so close to you the volume for that particular speaker needs to be reduced.... But as I said u gotta go with your ears.

Best to get a female to listen to it cause .. its been said that females have better listening than males.

Wii and GC don't do surround sound, sorry pal.

Also your rear speakers are set up awful.

Yeah definitely not ideal....you can do a few things to make the best of it though..

For starters you will want to see if your reciever will allow you to adjust the RR speaker volume down and perhaps the RL volume up some to compensate. If at all possible I would also move RR further right and move RL around to the back of the room as well, the more balanced you can get the positioning the better off you'll be..even if the positioning is a little more center focused than you'd prefer.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Username2324 said:

Both support Dolby Pro-Logic II.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
Username2324 said:

Both support Dolby Pro-Logic II.

Which isn't actual surround sound, it just converts stereo into 5 channels, basically it just allows sound to come out the rear channels.

It's no where near as good as the actual surround sound of PS3/360 or DVD/Blu-rays.

It's still surround sound, regardless of pedantry.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

BG&E for the GC is only 480I, the only 480p version of it is for the XBOX. Even worse the game is in forced letterboxed format.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Sqrl said:
Yeah definitely not ideal....you can do a few things to make the best of it though..

For starters you will want to see if your reciever will allow you to adjust the RR speaker volume down and perhaps the RL volume up some to compensate. If at all possible I would also move RR further right and move RL around to the back of the room as well, the more balanced you can get the positioning the better off you'll be..even if the positioning is a little more center focused than you'd prefer.

No, i can only set 3 levels, surround, bass and center. The surround setting will set both of them. Im thinkin about moving both of them to the back, buth then they'd only be 1.5ft apart. Is that better than my current setup? BTW, the speakers are about 5ft off the floor and above a cabinet.