By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did I install my surround sound speakers correctly? IS BG&E 480i only?

bump

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
Gnac said:
Username2324 said:
Wii and GC don't do surround sound, sorry pal.

Also your rear speakers are set up awful.

Both support Dolby Pro-Logic II.

Which isn't actual surround sound, it just converts stereo into 5 channels, basically it just allows sound to come out the rear channels.

It's no where near as good as the actual surround sound of PS3/360 or DVD/Blu-rays.

Well of course it's not as good as true surround sound, but it's passable and does its job.  You can get the same surround like effect from the wii/gamecube if you have good stereo speakers (with the right speaker placement) I guess though.

On topic:  You could try putting the surround left speaker right next to the surround right speaker and see if you like that, maybe.  You may not like it, but I'd personally rather have both of my rear speakers almost in the same place than have them so off center like that.

blackbird3216 said:

No, i can only set 3 levels, surround, bass and center. The surround setting will set both of them. Im thinkin about moving both of them to the back, buth then they'd only be 1.5ft apart. Is that better than my current setup? BTW, the speakers are about 5ft off the floor and above a cabinet.

On your picture, you don't have a bass.. In any case, place the rear speakers symmetrically behind you facing the wall at an angle. If they are still too loud, place an absorber onto the wall (some poruous stuff) to dampen the sound. If all that fails, buy a better amplifier