By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP OUT NOW!!!!!!

Final-Fan said:
Holy crap! Thank you for this public service announcement sir.

In return let me give you some advice. Your sig has a crazy prediction in it. Cut your PS3 and 360 predictions in half, and then it won't be so unbelievable.

The Xmas 09 isn't looking likely either, but that one won't get you laughed out of threads.

.......and Jimmy Hoffa is still hiding.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

I just picked a copy up as well, and I am in Austin, Texas.
Yes, I am out of place, and yes, I am loading myself up with cheap games while I am here!
The only downside is that I can't play until I get home in early november :'(

Staggering releases in the same country does not bode well for week 1 sales figures.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

swyggi said:
Final-Fan said:
Holy crap! Thank you for this public service announcement sir.

In return let me give you some advice. Your sig has a crazy prediction in it. Cut your PS3 and 360 predictions in half, and then it won't be so unbelievable.

The Xmas 09 isn't looking likely either, but that one won't get you laughed out of threads.
.......and Jimmy Hoffa is still hiding.

What are you saying? 
You think PS3 @ 130m is reasonable?  (With the rest of the predictions the same)
You think 360 @ 90m is reasonable?
You think PS3 @ 65m is crazy? 
You think 360 @ 45m is crazy? 
You think PS3>360 @ Xmas 09 is likely?
You think PS3>360 @ Xmas 09 WILL get him laughed out of threads? 
Or did you just type something without thinking about it? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@final-fan

Well u can think what u want, I however have always been pretty good at reading trends and predicting the sales and numbers of many things through my life so dont be suprised when my figures arent to far off. Also I hope u understand that those are lifetime sells, u have to remember a lot of people hold off till the last quarter of a systems life cause its almost always less then half price for the system and a huge selection of games to boot...

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

Around the Network
EvilChronos said:
@final-fan

Well u can think what u want, I however have always been pretty good at reading trends and predicting the sales and numbers of many things through my life so dont be suprised when my figures arent to far off. Also I hope u understand that those are lifetime sells, u have to remember a lot of people hold off till the last quarter of a systems life cause its almost always less then half price for the system and a huge selection of games to boot...

Okay, but look at the systems you are saying will end up with 120-130m lifetime sales. 
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=DS&reg3=All&weeks=156
Does one of them look like it ... doesn't belong?  That looks a little ... WAY lower?  I'll give you a hint:  it's not manufactured by Nintendo. 

Remember, NEITHER of Nintendo's systems have had a big price cut (DS went from $150 to $130 in 2005).  So they have even more potential for increased sales than the PS3, right? 

The PS3 won't beat the Wii.  It's OK.  Don't cry.  You can still beat the 360, OK?  Here, have a cookie.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Just beat the single player mode (no where near 100% of items found through). The game is very cool but short and kind of easy.

This game is all about the user created content and making levels though. I played the beta making a level for like 15-20+ hours and it was more fun than the single player campain. Can't wait till they get the server up so I can copy my level back and finish it up.

EvilChronos said:
@final-fan

Well u can think what u want, I however have always been pretty good at reading trends and predicting the sales and numbers of many things through my life so dont be suprised when my figures arent to far off
. Also I hope u understand that those are lifetime sells, u have to remember a lot of people hold off till the last quarter of a systems life cause its almost always less then half price for the system and a huge selection of games to boot...

Yes, and on the internet, every single person is entirely truthful about their life and we should always take what other people say about themselves on the internet as being completely true... hmmm.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but you can't honestly (without any bias towards sony) believe that this generation will sell 340 million home consoles when the last generation didn't even crack 200 million.

I know the Wii is making waves with casual gamers, but honestly, another 140 million+ more (overall)?

I won't throw my prediction's into the ring, but I'd say the difference between Sony and MS will be less than 10 million (either way)

Im going later today to pick up my reservation :)

@OP I hate your picture. It reminds me of the PS3 controller I wanted. Too bad it never made it to launch.

i got it already honestly deserves a ten.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller