By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is anyone else disappointed in Far cry 2?

Stillwell said:
vlad321 said:
I have the exact same sentiment. I said this in another thread best:
Crytek is trying so hard to be like Valve, but it fails so hard with failures like Crysis and Far Cry that it almost makes me want to pity them.

What a load of nonsense. Cryteks games are nothing like HL and I don't see any other areas where the companies are similar either. Then you call Crysis and FarCry failures, even though they have been getting great reviews. Are they a failure because they aren't regarded as the best FPS ever made? Hardly.

I'm talking quality and respect of the simple mention of the company name. The games were also very medicore with the only significant advancements being graphics, yeah it was a huge advancement, but it did nothng else that was special. They were obviously hoping to be considered at the level of Valve and they feel very short of it.

@Tuanniez

Huh, I always assumed Crytek had a decent hand in its development, but after a quick google I guess they didn't at all.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

@mrstickball  starcraft:  Which snake bite ya?

Are you even out of Act 1 yet?

Since you're only at 8% the answer is obvious a no, but I'm just pointing out that there is more to come and I've noticed some stuff on the map that makes me think there is more to the game than even I've seen thus far and I'm at around 28%. The trade in value will be the same in a week as it is today so you might as well stick it out and finish the game and/or try some online.

Consider it like this, if you keep the game for another 72 hours you will still be able to make the same decision at no penalty or cost for waiting. But if you trade it in you've given up that option and it now costs money to reverse it. In short if you're not sure yet then wait until you are sure or there is a reason to force a decision...as it is you have no pressure and plenty of time to make a choice..so why rush to judgment?

To Each Man, Responsibility
SpartanFX said:

I had such high hope for this game,,,but as i m playing it, I find it to be kinda repetitive.Drive to pointA kill someone drive to point B kill someone else.(much like assasin's creed with a diffrence that assasin's creed had much better art style/graphics)

the game nails some stuff like lighting engine,shadows,fire,water effects,explosions but it falls short in other areas such as surface texture(especially inside rooms) .If you look at the whole game ,it looks beautiful but as you pay more attention you will see that attention to detail is poor.

the aiming and shooting engine is also kinda weak(unlike other ubisoft games like rainbow six vegas).

I am 8% through the game and already thinking about trading it in.(BTW i went to my friend's house today and also played Far cry 2 on his 360 and they look exactly the same both suffer big time from surface texture especially when you go into a room,,,jungles are good though)

is anyone else in same boat as i am?

I thought this will be best FPS this year (you could check my post history to see how many far cry 2 threads I made)but it falls short.I give it a 7/10.

That was the one reason I gave up on the first far cry.

Thanks for the heads up I wont be getting this game.

starcraft said:
I reckon if all the reviews had said FC2 is better on PS3 instead of better on Xbox 360, you wouldn't have made this thread.

Actually none of the reviews have said PS3 version is worse,,,IGN mentioned that the 360 version had some major pop in problems but nothing about the PS3 version,,,,,but let me tell you I saw in on my pal's 360 and it looks exactly the same.

I m just abit underwhelmed with the game, but as others have pointed out I should play abit more.

Around the Network

I shouldn't have got my hopes up for this. I've never liked Sandbox style games. I found myself playing Stalker yesterday, rather than this.

Well I've only played the game for an hour and to be honest I'm losing my will to give it a chance.

Get told what to do.
Drive there.
Small, boring gunfight.
Drive back.
Get told what to do again.
Rinse and repeat.

I know being so early in the game it's unfair to really bash it off, but it can't be denied that first impressions of FC2 leaves an overwhelming feeling of... "Meh"

And the fact it's not Far Cry is annoying... I want feral abilities, not bloody malaria minigames!

MrMarc said:
Well I've only played the game for an hour and to be honest I'm losing my will to give it a chance.

Get told what to do.
Drive there.
Small, boring gunfight.
Drive back.
Get told what to do again.
Rinse and repeat.

I know being so early in the game it's unfair to really bash it off, but it can't be denied that first impressions of FC2 leaves an overwhelming feeling of... "Meh"

exactly and shooting engine is nowhere near as good as rainbow 6 vegas or COD4,,,god damn it ,I don't even see where i m shooting exactly.

what % are you?also did you like the shooting engine?

don't you hate the surface texture inside rooms?

damn it i was going to get this game tomorrow because all the trailers looked so good.. i guess ill just skip it then.

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

^^no don't let me decide for you ,,rent it first and see if you like it,,,cause if you do it's worth owning as the story mode is over 50 hours and it has online MP with map editor.