By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The selling power of Gran Turismo

A lot of people have been saying that "lbp is the last chance" or "gta 4 is the highest selling game this gen" to pertain to "sony has seen its best days come and go". They are forgetting, however, that the absolute biggest exlusive still hasn't come out. We've seen it's prologue (demo) sell to a point that makes other full games look like nothing. So here you are, just so you guys remember the power of gran turismo. So far, the gran turismo series has sold 50 million units:

Gran Turismo - 10.85 million

Gran Turismo 2 - 9.37 million

Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo - 1.56 million

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - 14.87 million

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue - 1.36 million

Gran Turismo 4 - 9.50 million

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 2.08 million (and counting)

Gran Turismo 5 - ??? at least 10 million in my view, based on prologue's sales so far.

(message by a complete gran turismo addict)

Around the Network

It's been shown in a previous thread that GT4 has shipped over 10.18 million, so sales have probably broken the 10 million mark by now.

Also, keep in mind that GT5 Prologue is the first Prologue to have been released in North America.

However, I do think it's possible, if not likely, that GT5 will break the 10 million mark.  Halo 3 has sold over 8 million so far, MGS4 is tracking well above MGS3, even despite MGS3 releasing over the holidays in North America and Japan, and BOTH versions of DMC4 are tracking above DMC3.  Software sales on both the 360 and ps3 are quite healthy.

I don't understand why people think LBP will be so big.

''Hadouken!''

CGI-Quality said:
Ajax said:
I don't understand why people think LBP will be so big.

uuumm... why won't it be?

I don't get it either.  I have it, and it's the same size as all my other games.

lbp will be big, but not as big as gt. nothing will be as big as gt.

Around the Network

Only one thing GT5P was the first GT game on PS3 and when GT4P hit the PS2 there was already a full GT (GT3)

I didn't even realise it at first but when I saw GT5P selling 2 million being just a 40$ demo I noticed how a lot of people in all 3 main regions just love Gran Turismo.
(many people got distracted by lbp and forgot that this is actually ps3's biggest gun and last chance)

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

I'll tell you this. The GT series is a force to be reckoned with. Thats the only PS3 game I expect to top 5M units.

just 5 million? it'll sell at least 10 million. look at the numbers so far.

Most will deny it maybe out of ignorance of jealousy whatever but GT alone can carry a console. This game selling power is unrivaled, its the undisputed king of its genre. Has no real competition at all.

Easy 10 million seller.

Good chance by the time GT5 is freaking finally done PS3 just might cost around $200