By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The pillars of sonys exclusive lineup seem shakey

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/socomconfrontation

Okay, I am seeing ps3 users use socom confrontation as one of their pillars of a great holiday season. But now the game got a bad score. Wow, great series, but a bad entry. Did this shock anybody, and how does it affect the great sony lineup this year?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Socom wasn't really a big factor in Sony's holiday lineup. It was like a C+ title. Good to fall back on and dcently fill up holes left in the release schedule.

However, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 and LBP, all that, have to be droppin heat, or else....

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

is this thread trying to be anti - sony? cause sony has a good amount of games on the way and ur basing all the holiday games off one games review scores?

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

this thread is beyond stupid. It was the 360 fans that were tooting Socom. I remember I had to tell squilliam before the game released that if it so much made as much as warhawk, UT3, and Shadowrun it would be successful and if it hit 750k it would be a hit. It has probablly done 250k (1/3rd of being a hit) in one country one week.

And let me add it almost did 3x the amount of the games I listed in the first weeks. The most thing the reviewers are complaining about seems very likely that it came from Sony underestimating.

The only thing I ever expected Socom to do was get the Socom die hards who haven't picked up ps3s yet to finally hop on board (like my cousin's boyfriend).

Socom was a $40 downloadable title akin to Warhawk, Siren, and GT5P, and it was made by a second party developer rather than Zipper Interactive.

Actually, prior to E3 many thought this was just a placeholder Socom while Zipper was working on Socom 4, the next "real" Socom.   The announcement of MAG blew that theory out the window.

Around the Network

Sorry if socom is a Pillar, than that Means LBP is a damn Foundation, 95 on meta nothings toppin that this winter,

You list a pillar but the title says pillars. Now I know of course the title was used to incite a certain message pretty strongly but with such a weak follow up mainly with a relation to something speculative group of opinions.

So to answer your question yes it is kinda shocking but upon reading the review I see it won't be an issue. And no it doesn't change my perception about Sony's lineup because you didn't present anything that would even make me think again about it.

It's one game that most wanted for a headset. And it still got great sales.

? I might have just signed up with an account here but I've been coming to this site as a guest for most of a year now and I never came across many posts claiming Confrontation was a big game for the ps3. I saw a lot more posts hyping Too Human. So with your logic did Too Human's reviews make the 360's 2008 lineup crumble?

PS3 Trophies

Aj_habfan said:
It's one game that most wanted for a headset. And it still got great sales.

The headset kicks ass, btw.