By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 producer - Wii couldn’t handle title screen of RE5

Damn, why is it that Wii haters all of a sudden come in and praise Capcom. It's always Nintendo's fault right? Maybe that stupid guy opened his mouth a bit too much, bu he works for Capcom, therefore my reaction. He could have said it in another way. I always knew that RE5 was not coming to the Wii and didn't care about it. But this guy dissed the Wii with this comment. Sometimes producers should be producing games rather than opening their dirty mouths and screwing things up. Even Nintendo did this with the Geeks and Otakus comment.

@Disolitude, you really need to stop hating on the Wii. This is not damage control kid, far from it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Just compress it and put it on 2 discs Capcom.

Cue in Jack Nicholson: "You can't handle the truth!"

Raw graphics performance isn't the Wii's greatest strength. If a developer forces it, there will be compromises in the number of enemies or the quality of the graphics.

It can certainly mimic the gameplay, which is the most important thing. But any hint of compromise (major or minor) will only disappoint users and critics alike.

Take the case of Bioshock for PS3. The problem is only on some textures that are not very noticeable (unless you nitpick), but the PS3 community went up in arms for that.

IMO, the Wii's better off getting games from scratch. I can imagine a game with RE4-level graphics with much improved lighting to be feasible for Wii. That's not bad-- not bad at all!

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

LOL, dont worry Wii Fans you will get a RE5 port 5 to 6 years from now.

Soriku said:

I wish tres would just buy an HD console so we never hear him complain again. Even though the dude's comment seems insulting, he's just one guy dude.

With any luck, there'll be a ps3 under his Christmas tree this year. Are you listening Santa?

@ trestres
How is it an insult? Would you have preferred if he lied and said Wii can do anything the HD consoles can do?

Around the Network

@Okey: It's not that. I accept that Wii games can't run in HD. But there was no reason to say it that way. Too despective, even if it's true. He should have just said "No, we don't have plans for this so stop asking", rather than saying, "Wii wouldnt be able to run even the title screen, so dont even think about it".

There are ways and ways to say things, the way he said this was inflamatory on purpose.

And I'm not the only one pissed about this, in fact maybe people at GoNintendo make me pissed lol. Just read the comments there, people hate Capcom way more than me.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

There are plenty of notable people who have also bashed the PS3 and the 360, it's not the end of the world, deal with ti.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

@pristine20 - Imagine that there's a big dinner party by companies like capcom, squaresoft, namco and ubisofy invite the ps3, the xbox360 and the wii. They give the first two great meals and drinks while the wiii just receives french fries and a coke and they just gave the tired excuse that "you can't eat that. you're casual!" over and over again?

Of course it is insulting. I bet that Nintendo will push the wii in other future games whil the other companies won't even dare to try it. Is unfair. That's all.

trestres said:
Damn, why is it that Wii haters all of a sudden come in and praise Capcom. It's always Nintendo's fault right? Maybe that stupid guy opened his mouth a bit too much, bu he works for Capcom, therefore my reaction. He could have said it in another way. I always knew that RE5 was not coming to the Wii and didn't care about it. But this guy dissed the Wii with this comment. Sometimes producers should be producing games rather than opening their dirty mouths and screwing things up. Even Nintendo did this with the Geeks and Otakus comment.

@Disolitude, you really need to stop hating on the Wii. This is not damage control kid, far from it.

You seem a bit too angry over this. Have you even seen the title screen of the game??? I find that comment offensive to the Wii aswell but I won't say anything in here about it because I haven't seen this thing that the man is talking about yet. All I can say is that now when I pop the game disc into my PS3 next year am expecting one trully Kick-ASS title screen. Early in Development Capcom said the game would be in true 1080p, perhaps that has something to do with it since the Wii and PS2 are incapable of that resolution output...

4 ≈ One

@soriku:Yeah I just responded over there too.

and why not namco? did they released soul calibur 4 for the wii? nope instead they released a bad action adventure game for it. and I don't see anything bettter besides those 2 rpgs that may never come over here (Fragile).