By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 producer - Wii couldn’t handle title screen of RE5

trestres said:
@blackstar: Dante? where's DMC for the Wii?? -.-

I'm not hating Capcom cause there's still MH3, but they should watch out what they say, they are insulting a huge userbase with that kind of crap, and it's not the first time they do it, far from it.

most wii users don't really read game websites judging by the games they buy so I'm don't think he's too worried about that statement

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Xen said:
Third party titles sell perfectly well on the Wii... the problem is that barely any GOOD games sell well.. and that's probably Capcom's worry.

Perhaps, but looking at the most pertinent example i.e. Resident Evil 4, we can see it sold more on Nintendo's systems (Wii + GC) than on the PS2, despite having only a fraction of the installed base.

Bobbuffalo said:
Ok that's a stupid argument. Just say "we don't want to" and period instead of treating us like idiots.

he never said wii owners were idiots only that thw wii isn't very powerful which everyone already knows so why all the hurt feelings?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I thought RE5 was gonna be on the Wii.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

hsrob said:
Xen said:
Third party titles sell perfectly well on the Wii... the problem is that barely any GOOD games sell well.. and that's probably Capcom's worry.

Perhaps, but looking at the most pertinent example i.e. Resident Evil 4, we can see it sold more on Nintendo's systems (Wii + GC) than on the PS2, despite having only a fraction of the installed base.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PS2 > GC. despite comming later.

Ps2 > Wii

but of course its okay GC+wii since they are nintendo consoles XD

Around the Network

@Jo21: Maybe because the PS2 userbase was like 6 times the Wii userbase?

Bad trolling is always bad.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I wanna see this title screen that he's talking about. Unless he's trying to joke about the fact that the Wii isn't able to output in 720p or more, am pretty sure this game was confirmed 1080p.

4 ≈ One

to wii fanboys ..haha....ha

also this is such a stupid thread, like the producer of RE5 really didnt have to tell us that the wii can handle...because what kind of idiot would think that the wii can handle it.....makes sense doesnt it?

this thread is also stupid because RE5 was never going to come to the wii, dream all you want wii fanboys but it wont happen. its like all the xbots thinking mgs4 will come...it may but why would i care when i've played and beaten it like 5 months ago.....

@libellue

wii is like mainstream music, comes out with tons of shit that are all sooo crappy but yet sells like crazy.

so yes wii is winning because its selling the most, but really it only has like 3 or 4 GOOD games and the rest is crap.

therefor wii is mainstream. IMO of course

@shinsa: Countdown to permaban starts now.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies