By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Sony needs to stop drinking its own Kool-Aid

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Kyros said:
Wii in first, PS3 in second, and Xbox 360 in 3rd

Is there an alternative? The 360 is at 200$ and it barely outsells the PS3 at 400$. The 360 will have a more successful generation than last but seriously.

The argument here isn't how poor Sony is doing in general, it's how poor Sony is doing compared to how they should be doing.

Some people in this thread want to act like all is peaches and cream at Sony, when they just cut their profit forcast in half. They were the industry leader at one point, in pretty much everything.

A strategy change is needed. Sony should fire their CEO, to be honest.

Yeah look at PS2 it was the ONLY system out there  and sold 130 million lets be honest there is NO WAY the PS3 will ever reach that and they were number one with no number two even in the rear view mirror.  This generation they are third and fighting hard to get to second but currently losing ground in that battle.

If you are comparing expectations yes sony failed

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
xman said:

Yeah look at PS2 it was the ONLY system out there  and sold 130 million lets be honest there is NO WAY the PS3 will ever reach that and they were number one with no number two even in the rear view mirror.  This generation they are third and fighting hard to get to second but currently losing ground in that battle.

If you are comparing expectations yes sony failed

I assume the article was not referring to Sony's current failure, but instead what Sony needs to do, or stop doing, in order to prevent further future failure.

I've been very vocal against their coasting strategy, and their dropping of 3rd party support.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

thejuicingamer said:
yea the guy who wrote that article has no clue what he's talking about, lmao at the part where he's talking about sony HDTV's, the bravias are top of the line you get what you pay for cheap skate

Thank god for people like you, otherwise Sony would already be gone.

You do realise Sony don't even make the LCD panels in their Bravia TVs, right? That they're made by Samsung? And that the Samsung LCD tvs have exactly the same panels, and are therefore of the exact same quality? That when you buy a Bravia, you are paying more simply for the Sony name, which is exactly what this guy is talking about. A name which is becoming slowly synonymous with shoddy products (exploding batteries anyone) and anti-consumer events (Rootkits on CDs). Really, the only area where Sony really has a product which is seen as top of the line, they don't even make it themselves!

Give it time and if Sony doesn't change their ways, they will slowly disappear. And I hope it happens soon.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

This dude wants them to slash prices even though they've already lowed the Forcast by 57%??? I see nothing currently wrong with the PS3's price. It's just MS placing their price in a nice spot. I see nothing wrong with the Bravia's price.

4 ≈ One

I always found it amazing how people would pay more for a TV simply cause it has a Sony badge on it. Sounds like things may be changing.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
I always found it amazing how people would pay more for a TV simply cause it has a Sony badge on it. Sounds like things may be changing.

xman has your anwsers on why Sony is one of the best on the market.

Xen said:
tuoyo said:

Sony was the undisputed best at one time. Now Samsung has really stepped up into that spot. An example of being popular because you're good.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I really believe that SONY products are worth the dough because of the quality of their products. I just don't think they expected the economy to turn like this. Had the worlds economy not tanked like it has, they probably wouldn't have had to change a thing with their forcast. People blame them for not predicting this..I don't get it.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xen said:
tuoyo said:

Sony was the undisputed best at one time. Now Samsung has really stepped up into that spot. An example of being popular because you're good.

I think the Pioneer TVs are considered the best out there.  But they are even more expensive than Sony though.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

A strategy change is needed. Sony should fire their CEO, to be honest.

I think they had a CEO too many already. The biggest problem is the purchase of Sony Pictures (what was it called again?). Sony started to go wrong when they tried to protect the videos and mp3 of their subdivision instead of making the best products they could legally do. This is why Apple killed their music player business. They still make the best consumer electronic products around albeit at a high price.

But this article is ridiculous, since it doesn't show problems of the company but a worldwide recession that hits all consumer electronic companies.