By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP 3000 will outsell DSi this holiday season

I think the new version of PSP will outsell the new version of DS.PSP 3000 has more advancement like better screen display,improved audio quality and couple of other things.On the other side DSi has a camera and is sleeker then the previous one but i don't think people are gonna buy DSi for a camera,they basically want it for gaming and in that case PSP 3000 is better.Don't go by the early criticizing of the new LCD of 3000 having line,Sony said it was because the old games weren't compatiBLE with that resolution and it correct that with a simple update cause its more of a software problem then a hardware and no further problems will be there in future and old games.

Around the Network

No, it won't.

yeah not gonna happen..the PSP 3000 is the better of the two, but the DSi will definitely outsell it.

Comes down to manufacturing levels - but I very much doubt the 3000 has a chance. There already seems to be some form of backlash over the screen - which is the main "improvement" over the 2000 model.

Sony have said they will NOT be fixing the scan lines issue - it is a "hardware feature", and there to stay.

The DSi is all about the DS download store, web browsing, video chat(?), and new internal software. Japan is ripe for a new DS model, and I'm sure the DSi will do very, very well.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

To be fair, DSi is only going to sell in Japan. PSP 3000 will sell worldwide.

Around the Network

I think the PSP will win because I don't think the DSi is being released outside Japan this christmas

FishyJoe said:
To be fair, DSi is only going to sell in Japan. PSP 3000 will sell worldwide.

Yep... thats why it has a good chance for it to outsell it.. but the problem is the fact that the DSL is still out there :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

well psp3k has been well received in japan, but in europe and the us, nothing has changed...

what do PSP and DS cost right now in NA and what did they cost last holiday season? which price will the 3000 have?

could someone post this please?

RED53DEVILS said:

I think the new version of PSP will outsell the new version of DS.PSP 3000 has more advancement like better screen display,improved audio quality and couple of other things.On the other side DSi has a camera and is sleeker then the previous one but i don't think people are gonna buy DSi for a camera,they basically want it for gaming and in that case PSP 3000 is better.Don't go by the early criticizing of the new LCD of 3000 having line,Sony said it was because the old games weren't compatiBLE with that resolution and it correct that with a simple update cause its more of a software problem then a hardware and no further problems will be there in future and old games.

DS is much better for gaming... Basically, the PSP is popular because it's a multimedia device. Just look at the software sales if you're not convinced.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...