By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Holy US dollar / Euro collapse, Batman!

Japanese companies get paid in yen. So that $399 PS3 that used to pull 46,000 yen is now only 37,000 yen. In essence, the PS3 is making 9000 less yen even though it's selling for the same price in US dollars.

Around the Network

Considering PS3s sell on par in Canada (399Can$ and 399 US$) and the fact that the Canadian $ has plunged 20% against the US$ in the last 3 months, a Canadian PS3 is selling for the equivalent of 29 600Yen. I expect the Canadian price to rise, possibly even for PSN titles.

The worldwide economy:

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

All this points to a McCain victory... he is well trusted on the economy and knows what he's doing. If the stress kills him, Palin is fully competent and very knowledgeable.

Hawkeye said:
All this points to a McCain victory... he is well trusted on the economy and knows what he's doing. If the stress kills him, Palin is fully competent and very knowledgeable.

You were joking, right?

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:

I see you watch Fox News.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

draik said:
Russia is pretty fucked aswell, with oil so low.

LMAO that video in your signature is awesome. Ive been busting up laughing

Even worse in Norway, Iceland and Sweden. Iceland are at bancrupcy, and have to switch to either Norwegian Kroner or Euro. Their government is almost completely out of money.

Norway had a 20% drop against the Dollar and Euro, and I think it was even worse for Sweden.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Latest news says that the US dollar is rebounding against the Euro due to the drop in oil prices

Wow.. huge drop... I wasnt expecting this to happen so fast :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!