By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 is now officially the next MS Triple AAA game

lol, if I rated it, I dunno if I'd give it a 9/10, to be honest. It's a great game, but the technical issues bogged it down for me a little. That said, I'd say the same about a ton of other games this gen. :P

Either way, again, don't count chickens.

Also, it was the same game yesterday as it is today.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I calculated them all up, total score out of Metacritic is 5980 out of 67 reviews= 89.2

All it takes is two reviews with a score of 80 to bring it down to 88.

fayewong said:

I calculated them all up, total score out of Metacritic is 5980 out of 67 reviews= 89.2

All it takes is two reviews with a score of 80 to bring it down to 88.

That's what gamerankings has too.

Featured Articles - 53 On File Average Ratio: 89.5% - (89.2%)

twesterm said:
Deviation59 said:
Down to 89 again. I guess it's officially not a AAA game, right? Right........

Fable 2 is a AAA game. But then again, so are games like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Anyone who thinks games need a 90 on Metacritic to qualify as AAA is an idiot.

Gamerankings is still showing me 89.5% >_>

So what? Starcraft is the one who started this stupid "90 on Metacritic = AAA" bullshit with his signature. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is sitting at 89.7% at Gamerankings. It still doesn't count, supposedly. For some reason Metacritic has it at 88. Of course, Metacritic thinks a B- is a 67.

Deviation59 said:
twesterm said:
Deviation59 said:

Fable 2 is a AAA game. But then again, so are games like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Anyone who thinks games need a 90 on Metacritic to qualify as AAA is an idiot.

So what? Starcraft is the one who started this stupid "90 on Metacritic = AAA" bullshit with his signature. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is sitting at 89.7% at Gamerankings. It still doesn't count, supposedly. For some reason Metacritic has it at 88. Of course, Metacritic thinks a B- is a 67.

If Uncharted is 89.7% then according to the 90+ idea of what a AAA game is then Uncharted is a AAA game...

I really don't care about the definition since there are several floating out there, I just thought that was the generally accepted definition of a AAA game.

What is your definition then?

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Deviation59 said:
twesterm said:
Deviation59 said:

If Uncharted is 89.7% then according to the 90+ idea of what a AAA game is then Uncharted is a AAA game...

I really don't care about the definition since there are several floating out there, I just thought that was the generally accepted definition of a AAA game.

What is your definition then?

My definition is a game that fucking kicks ass...

Does anyone think Lair kicked ass? Then it's triple A for them. It's a case to case scenerio.

can't this stupid thread just die?

you just bumped it so i guess not

ZenfoldorVGI said:
lol, if I rated it, I dunno if I'd give it a 9/10, to be honest. It's a great game, but the technical issues bogged it down for me a little. That said, I'd say the same about a ton of other games this gen. :P

Either way, again, don't count chickens.

Also, it was the same game yesterday as it is today.

yes you're right... Finally, after 2 weeks that that this game has been out I finally got to play it. I must say that I adore it. The Fable 2 fanboy in me would give it 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. However, as I expected and read, there are countless issues in the game. If I was to write a critical review of this game, it would probably get 8.5/10 based on quality, storyline, originality and comparisons to other titles. I would say the metacritic score is rather generous. Of the many reviews I read who gave the game 100/100, it seems apparent that comparisons were made with the previous fable rather than quality of other games of 'this' generation. I believe this game is a worthy experience.

I can't wait till it comes out on a PC. Mostly likely, all the issues then will be fixed and it will take advantage of better hardware.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

@ Max )

Actually I think an "AAA" game is a game with huge marketing costs and high production values/budget, in other words a game that is expected to do extremely well by the publisher (which is why they invest much money in it) , so from my point of view a superbly rated game like for example Ôkami isn't AAA, rather B and a game like Wii Fit might even be AAAA for there are still lots of cms about it here.

the term AAA stems from credit buisiness, where a company/individual with "AAA" rating can get nearly limitless credits

In my opinion the term was introduced by game companies into the gaming business to tell the fans "look here we have a game we have complete confidence in and we invested lots of money" (to start the hype) and these games usually had very good quality, which is why nowadays it's (mistakenly?) seen as a term to describe how well the game is rated by critics.