By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Here I go again S-L-O-W

I'm sorry but it is getting out of hand at +-950 users online only this site is slow, loading takes like 40 sec ...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

This site lags so much it is so annoying.

I wanted to post the same ^^''. But it is over now for me :);

Maybe it is your connection, because this site has flown for me since that last time it was dugg. Also, last night the site went on the fritz for a bit and code was being displayed everywhere, but it seems to have recovered now.

Also, these threads do absolutely nothing, as talonman and ioi are already trying to optimize the site, and they can't pay for a better server without better income (better advertisements that people actually click/view, and purchses from the VGChartz store)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

well it is much better then 15 min ago ^^

then i had too reload every page

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

it has been very slow off and on.... it seems its just this site ican visit others but it takes abit here

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

The sites flying for me, altho last nite the update made the homepage crazy for about half hour

Major Legue baseball?

But I'm not having any problems.

Take my love, take my land..

The site will ban you for a minute or two if your computer opens up too many connections. Are you running a web accelerator plug-in on your browser or computer? If so, you may be flagged as a DOS attacker and get a temporary IP ban...  Can also be caused if you hit refresh too many times without waiting for the previos page to finish loading.

jlauro said:

The site will ban you for a minute or two if your computer opens up too many connections. Are you running a web accelerator plug-in on your browser or computer? If so, you may be flagged as a DOS attacker and get a temporary IP ban...  Can also be caused if you hit refresh too many times without waiting for the previos page to finish loading.

it is fine now, what does the web accelerator do? make the browser even faster?