By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BioShock 2 multiplatform confirmed

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6199938.html

And there you have it. It WILL be appearing on platforms minus the wii (obviously).

Whether the launches are simultaneous or not is yet to be decided.

Around the Network

Wouldn't it be ironic if Sony took a page from Microsoft's book and secured a year of Bioshock 2 exclusivity.

I think Sony has more class than that, and can recognize the advantages developers gain from releasing multiplats. It is the only reason software sells so well on the HD consoles... there are 2 of them.

Anyways, @Op , Bioshock is a great game and if it is no longer a Microsoft timed exclusive, than that is a big win for Sony. IMO.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

After Bioshock go multiplatform I think it was pretty obvious Bioschok 2 goes multiplatform too

Yeh that what I was saying, it was just bound to happen.

Just that some people are unconvinced that Bioshock 2 will inevitably appear on the PS3, however, this isn't the point of this thread.

Its great to know its due to appear on PS3, and I'm glad that is the case =]

Well, since there was never any doubt that it'd be on 360, and the trailer was on the PS3 disc, I have to say 'duh'.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Well, since there was never any doubt that it'd be on 360, and the trailer was on the PS3 disc, I have to say 'duh'.

Well, there are always doubting fanboys to whom this may come as a bit of a surprise. 

C'mon... We already knew it would be X360 and PS3... Bioshock WAS 360-exclusive. And PS3 had the teaser!

Also, PC is inevitable but maybe not immediately... Bioshock sold more then 1 mil on PC (they announced that after they announced Bio2)...

THE NETHERLANDS

axumblade said:
I think Bioshock 2 should go to the Wii. -.-

start a petition

Awesome, I'd hoped this was true.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well one of the XBOX 360's key franchises moves to multiplatform , the problem with depending on third part developers for exclusivity is that the future of the franchise on any platform is purely dependant on sales potential.

Why should Gears Of War 3, Mass Effect 3 , Star Ocean 4 etc remain exclusive to the XBOX 360 without a money hat ,all games have established fan bases PS3+360 > 360 . Sony can rely more on first party development than MS ( who recently broke up alot of theirs) GT , God Of War , Uncharted , Resistance , Little Big Planet , Ico , Ratchet and Clank , White Knight Chronicles , Getaway & Eightdays(development currently halted though) and so many more existing and new franchises will never be seen on another platform as long as Sony is still making hardware to play it on.