By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - latest Japan MC sales Xbox 360 7,856 VS PS3 4,725

link :  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339753&page=3

actually with no game xbox 360 sales are up, with ps3 going down even lower than before

PSP 159,816
DS Lite 29,839
Wii 26,024
Xbox 360 7,856
PS2 7,261
PS3 4,725

so 6 week with xbox 360 > ps3

it is like ps3 and xbox 360 switches side

Around the Network

The PS3 will be back on top of Japan shortly, just watch.

@smashed: It's been more than a month since people are saying that... I wonder when it will happen. 360 sales have stabilized up there, while PS3 sales are decreasing badly. If the new model only boosts sales for a limite time, then yea, 360 and PS3 would have really switched places. No wonder though, since the 360 is the HD JRPG consoles right now in Japan.

BD, LO, ToV, IU, TLR (soon), ES. PS3 has nothing against it and people are maybe tired of waiting.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

so from August - October, xbox 360 keep > ps3. just 2-3 week before LR, and xbox 360 will bump again probaby 2nd time > wii.

Pure ownage on the X360's part versus the failing & falling PS3.

It's like the console race got abruptly switched.

It's also amazing that the X360 has actually stabilized around the 8,000 area. Every fanboy detractor said it'd go down to the 4k area pretty quickly. We're 6 weeks in now, and it's sold the same number of units for 3 weeks.

It'll be interesting to see if the X360 can jump up over 10,000 when GTAIV launches, and see renewed sales when the AC6/BK bundle comes out.

Either way, this is the greatest news MS has had in Japan. All it took was 2 RPGs and a price drop to get things going.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

The way things are looking right now the PS3 and 360 have switched places in sales. No one would have saw this coming even a few months ago.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Umm why would anyone in JAPAN buy a PS3 when the Bundles are coming for LBP within the next few weeks LMAO, you 360 fanboys talk as if this console war is over for the PS3 meanwhile its heaviest hitters haven't even come out,

If someone want to see the MC numbers for Hardware and Software enter here http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46305&start=0

PandaexpressPanda said:
Umm why would anyone in JAPAN buy a PS3 when the Bundles are coming for LBP within the next few weeks LMAO, you 360 fanboys talk as if this console war is over for the PS3 meanwhile its heaviest hitters haven't even come out,

MY thought exactly.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

not to mention the Japanese people spent their money on new PSP's this week lol, big win for 360 alright,