By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R2 is the most intense game I ever played.

The co-op it where the Chimera are at the bottom of the ravine. LOL that's bloody crazy. Literally hundreds of those zombie-chimera come at you.

Around the Network

I applied for the beta, but havent gotten in yet. I keep checking my email. *fingers crossed*

I have a question though. Does the Warhawk Jabra headset work with R2? If it does how is the performance?  It seems like a mic is a must and I wanna know if I need to buy another one.

Tifa got MOVES!

The beauty of co-op is that the game rewards you for teamwork. The Special Ops get experience for giving soldiers ammo, the soldiers with ammo protect you (with their shield), and the medics get experience for healing. In fact, you get more experience for healing than you do hitting the enemies, but you have to hit the enemies to charge up heals. It really works beautifully.

The upgrades for medic include a berserk that causes enemies to paralyze when hit, and since the medic weapon hits with an area of effect, you can quickly freeze large groups of enemies for everyone to hit. It also does damage over time so medics can kill a lot of enemies at once with that. Doing damage and healing charges your berserk, so to get another one you can just hit everyone and when the berserk runs out you'll charge it back up quickly since you are still doing damage to them over time.

Anyone know if you get to keep any stats for the full game? I was #1 on co-op for a few days before they reset the leaderboard, but I'd like to at least keep my levels since I've got 2 classes to level 10.

Oh, and many more people are using headsets than any game I've played before (on PS3). Nice experience. Split-screen co-op is really useful, too.

Zucas said:
Hmm that's actually really good considering most console games have not been able to handle it. Well it's doubtful I'll ever play it but it's good to hear about the progress of online shooters on consoles.

Sony is using dedicated servers for the online.  Users can create games, but they are still hosted on the servers.  The online is pretty far along for a "beta."  The Socom beta would lag every minute or so.  I have yet to experience any lag on R2.  Sometimes you will get dropped with a netork error, but you can rejoin without restarting the PS3 or the game.  The competitive is fun, but it doesn't really bring anything new except 60 players.  I will definately be spending most of my time on the cooperative.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

I don't know, I didn't like the cooperative mode of the beta, that soldier gun was horrible

windbane said:

Anyone know if you get to keep any stats for the full game?

I looked around on the Resistance site and it appears the stats will not be continued over.  I never saw a developer or mod say they won't but people in the threads were pretty firm in saying the stats will be reset, so i'm guessing they said it somewhere and i just can't find that post.

lightbleeder said:
I don't know, I didn't like the cooperative mode of the beta, that soldier gun was horrible

There are 3 different classes, you don't need to be a soldier.  And each class has different weapns they can use and unlock.

Jinova said:

I applied for the beta, but havent gotten in yet. I keep checking my email. *fingers crossed*

I have a question though. Does the Warhawk Jabra headset work with R2? If it does how is the performance?  It seems like a mic is a must and I wanna know if I need to buy another one.

I use the jabra and it seems to work fine. Alot of people use the headset in co-op I noticed, but I didn't see too many people in the deathmatches using them. I don't know about skirmish, I haven't got to play one of those.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Jinova said:

I use the jabra and it seems to work fine. Alot of people use the headset in co-op I noticed, but I didn't see too many people in the deathmatches using them. I don't know about skirmish, I haven't got to play one of those.

Great!  thanks for the info bro!

Tifa got MOVES!