By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Fable 2 filled with more great ideas than last 10 years of FF combined

I'm not sure if another thread has covered this comment but it is pretty amazing that IGN would heap this much praise on Fable 2.  It truly is an amazing end of year for Xbox 360 gamers.

Around the Network

So since FFVI?

I love the game, I havn't stopped playing.

I read how people fly through the game, but I'm taking my sweet time.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

JRPGs have few new ideas so that's really damning with faint praise.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Damn. I've been saving my money for some of the year's heavier hitters (Gears 2, Resistance 2, *cough*Tomb Raider*cough* Prince of Persia) but I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy Fable 2 this weekend.

Around the Network

Damn, I wish I weren't in school right now. I would fail this term if I started playing this game right now.

Oh god, let's not have a condescending JRPG vs. WRPG argument. 360 owners are supposed to love Japanese RPGs now that they actually have them. This ain't like the Mass Effect launch, people.

MANUELF said:
So since FFVI?

Actually, FF7/8-ish. ;)

The BuShA owns all!

It's a good game. I only played it one evening.. and then I got Farcry 2. I will go back to it when I finish FC2.

The damn dog is a problem however. I have a real dog, and she just runs around the house barking. I will have to play with headphones on :p

Like hell it does. IGN, seriously, I gotta ask.............Who do you think you are? Another one............What gives you the right?

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*