By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Fable 2 filled with more great ideas than last 10 years of FF combined

I just spent my first few minutes with the game.

This is good. Very good. I'm gonna take my time going through, it just seems like the right thing to do... I don't think the game is a 10 but the reviews seems to give it justice at 8.9ish...

Gotta go back and keep playing...

Around the Network
flagship said:

And on topic saying Fable 2 is more innovative that any FF in the last decade is like saying Mortal Combat is a better Fighter than Shaq-Fu.

Quote of the day.

Legend11 said:

IGN: Fable 2 filled with more great ideas than last 10 years of FF combined

What? you saying that all 10 years of Final Fantasy games= one Fable 2 game? WHAT?! impossible!

Face palm thread. Fable 2 is not even AAA title. FF series had plenty of AAA titles in the past 10 years.

Fable 2 only takes 10 hours to complete and that was said by IGN. The optional side missions add an extra 10 to 15 hours to the game.
Fable 2 is very short for an RPG.

Lasting Appeal
"The main quest is short, but there are numerous other distractions. If you invest yourself in Fable II, you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion. If not, you can truck through in under 10 hours:.

extract from IGN's Fable 2 Review.

Around the Network

To be honest FF since FF X were dissapointing to certain extent, havent played Fable i really want to (any chance of PC release?)

Saying Fable 2 has more great ideas than the last 10 years of Final Fantasy isn't that much of compliment really. Final Fantasy has been dodgy at best over the last decade. It would be like saying that a sports game has had more great ideas than the last 10 years of Madden. It's a hollow compliment.

It's 1up

And as Darc said, FF's last ten years haven't been too awesome. This is VIII and on. And they have been generally worse than the first seven, that's not saying much considering they're all awesome.

I also heard this is the same guy that gave Brave story PSP an A.

So... that's where his credibility is.

So this thread should not be about Fable 2, but about how much FF has innovated in the last 10 years.

FF is the most overated franchise ever. There is only 3 games I would give a 9.
FF2,6 and 7. The rest get 8 or lower. Loads of better JRPG's out there and WRPG's. ever since FF7, people the series is untouchable. Well ugh it isnt. I must be the only one hoping FF13 doesnt screw up like 10 and 12.