By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews the PSP-3000... 7.0

S***... well maybe my Q4 hardware purcahes will be a DS after all :P Yep, the second one this year ^_^

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
11ht11 said:
wasnt the point of the psp 300 for the better screen?

it has a better screen... the screen has a larger color pool.

Do you own a psp-3000???

not yet, one of my bosses upgraded from his PSP-2000 to the PSP-3000. The anti-glare helps eliminate color disruption and using a basic RGB color pallet that is used to adjust colors on TVs and PC monitors the PSP-2000 didnt display as many colors as well as the 3000.

Thank You.

No need to act like that. You don't need to own a piece of hardware to know how it works. If SSJ12 says 3000 looks better, than that's his entitled opinion, and I wouldn't put IGN's over it, but that's just me.

From what I've heard, the 3000 has more scanlines, because it shows the picture clearer or some such nonsense. I could care less either way.

He removed the part where I tested the freaking screen. Remember I do build PCs on the side and I do know how to benchmark and test parts of a system including test for color correction for PC monitors and TV screens. How is a PSP screen any different from a monitor past the fact there is a limited ability to adjust colors minus possible color adjustments in SOME games?

these are basically mostly what you need

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

mwjw696 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
11ht11 said:
wasnt the point of the psp 300 for the better screen?

it has a better screen... the screen has a larger color pool.

Do you own a psp-3000???

not yet

Thank You.

Well I do, and have seen several side by side of the 2000 model cause I work at gamestop. The screen only looks better in direct sunlight thats it. Use it in a dark or normal lit room and it just looks scanline-arific. Trade it back in a couple days later for my old 2000. Thanks again for the epic FAIL Sony ill stick to the old tech.

http://kotaku.com/5066849/sony-has-no-plans-to-fix-new-psp-display-problems

Even better...thank you =)

LOL mature...i'll wait for proof. You can post it here, my wall or send my a PM (=

I am going to stick with my 2000 model