By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews the PSP-3000... 7.0

Yea, the PSP is too advanced for the new screen. That's the problem ...

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
RVDondaPC said:

PS2 games look better on a SDTV compared to on an HDTV. We all know which screen is better... 

You and spankey are genius'

Difference is, you can always hook up your PS2 to an SDTV instead.... A better screen isn't very good if it makes the old games look worse. And it isn't particularly convenient to output the PSP onto a TV when you want to play.

Downgrade? as if. Watch comparison videos and see exacly how much the colours on the 3000 are superior to the 2000.

IGN can review hardware? I thought they could only review games.

I still dont think the difference is enough even if the screen has been improved (I want more user feedback) to upgrade from the 2000, especially as I would not be surprised if the 4000 came out next year

Around the Network

Is sony put more advertising on their site, they would have probably got a higher score :p

the new screen is not worse then the previous one.Its just that the old games are not compatible withe new LCD screen.There will no problem with the new screen

RED53DEVILS said:
the new screen is not worse then the previous one.Its just that the old games are not compatible withe new LCD screen.There will no problem with the new screen

They are perfectly compatible and they also look far better.

I've seen the 3k up close.

The screen isn't worse, it is actually much more vibrant with the wide color setting on, and looks much better, and lots less washed out. The Contrast ratio going up is awesome, as the blacks actually look black.

The interlacing is an issue if you look at the screen inches away from your face, and play like that. Considering most people play 12-24 inches away from their face, it's hardly noticeable, coming from experience. You really can't see it unless you're looking for it.

From the pics of the article, I prefer the screen of the 3000, looks much sharper, and better colors.

I'd go for the PSP-3000.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts