By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews the PSP-3000... 7.0

Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
11ht11 said:
wasnt the point of the psp 300 for the better screen?

it has a better screen... the screen has a larger color pool.

Do you own a psp-3000???

not yet

Thank You.

No need to act like that. You don't need to own a piece of hardware to know how it works. If SSJ12 says 3000 looks better, than that's his entitled opinion, and I wouldn't put IGN's over it, but that's just me.

From what I've heard, the 3000 has more scanlines, because it shows the picture clearer or some such nonsense. I could care less either way.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

^ ok if one guy says it....compare to a lot of people who says the screen is worst....you can do the balance right there.

I mean, what i see here is that one guy who doesnt even own one, says that it is better and this and that...against IGN who says is worst. And top of that, there are already complains about the screen from the Japanese who bought the console (i saw it in other websites).

So....i dont know. You can think w/e you want, im not trying to convince anyone. But when a lot of people, not just one person, say something....there's a reason behind it.

mwjw696 said:
ssj12 said:
umm.... frankly IGN is not qualified to review hardware imho.

and yet they nailed the review right on. There is no exscuse for a bad screen on the new model. Its sony being cheap and stupid thats all.

Consider this possibility:

The flaws might be in the games themselves, not the screen.

The better screen shows the flaws in the software up more due to the screen being sharper.

The older screen might just blur the scanlines so it's less noticable.

let me explain in terms of analogy:

At a pub, you pick up a girl, take her to bed and she looks stunning(PSP 2000)

Then you wake up. the beer goggles have come off and you discover she's actually a slapper(PSP 3000)

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

All I wanted before getting a PSP was a better D-pad. If it is indeed true, who fricking cares about the screen!

I'll be able to play Gradius Collection ''old-school'' style, not with a stupid analog stick or I won't have to modify the D-pad by sticking a ''round cardboard'' thingy on top of all 4 pad buttons (it creates smooth diagonals, ya know). =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

PS2 games look better on a SDTV compared to on an HDTV. We all know which screen is better... 

Around the Network

My 2000 will do just fine.

RVDondaPC said:

PS2 games look better on a SDTV compared to on an HDTV. We all know which screen is better... 

You and spankey are genius'

^^why thank you!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Maynard_Tool said:
^ ok if one guy says it....compare to a lot of people who says the screen is worst....you can do the balance right there.

I mean, what i see here is that one guy who doesnt even own one, says that it is better and this and that...against IGN who says is worst. And top of that, there are already complains about the screen from the Japanese who bought the console (i saw it in other websites).

So....i dont know. You can think w/e you want, im not trying to convince anyone. But when a lot of people, not just one person, say something....there's a reason behind it.

i've seen your posts... you comment alot of times on things you have no personal experience with at all...

Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
ssj12 said:
11ht11 said:
wasnt the point of the psp 300 for the better screen?

it has a better screen... the screen has a larger color pool.

Do you own a psp-3000???

not yet

Thank You.

Well I do, and have seen several side by side of the 2000 model cause I work at gamestop. The screen only looks better in direct sunlight thats it. Use it in a dark or normal lit room and it just looks scanline-arific. Trade it back in a couple days later for my old 2000. Thanks again for the epic FAIL Sony ill stick to the old tech.

http://kotaku.com/5066849/sony-has-no-plans-to-fix-new-psp-display-problems

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"