By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VG Charts news section

Wii_gamer said: Their only posts were defending it NOT being a scam. (they didn't do a good job) Agreed, but then they haven't come back and posted again so they got the message from you guys that it wasn't appreciated. I'm not saying we won't ban people and that we don't have rules, but so far the forum seems to do a good job of moderating itself in most instances, which is great for us.
He did come back in a very sneaky way. Whenever he puts a post, he now answers a thread with a simple one sentence answer to make sure he is speaking of video games. His trick is that he puts a link to his scam as his signature. Edit: He rarely does come by though.

Around the Network

I think a free for all would be a great direction for the site, you know, to distinguish it from competition. But that's just me. Otherwise, people like Kwaad would have been banned a long time ago. As much as you them them, they add a certain...color. I also wish the news expiration thinggie is faster, or at least a one page view per ip rule on the counter.

Wii_gamer said: We really want to build a strong, thriving community here on vgcharts.
For that, you need more mods than won't hesitate to close threads, ban people who just ruine any serious discussion because there favourite console has'n outsold everything... Things are out of control now, and it's nearly impossible to have a thread without "wii sucks", "cro$oft sucks", "nintendo is the best"... I'm on to be a mod, just right a policy so everyone knows what VGC forums are about.

Now Loading... Please Wait!

Well we're going to modify the news section a little to make older stories expire more quickly and so on - although that will only work if there are plenty of new ones to replace them. Do people like the format and layout of the news section? Should we do it in a blog-style format instead (we will be adding user blogs soon by the way)?

zsidane said: For that, you need more mods than won't hesitate to close threads, ban people who just ruine any serious discussion because there favourite console has'n outsold everything... Things are out of control now, and it's nearly impossible to have a thread without "wii sucks", "cro$oft sucks", "nintendo is the best"... I'm on to be a mod, just right a policy so everyone knows what VGC forums are about.
Your word of ban scares me. Wii_gamer - I love the news system. I would like to see the ablity to edit them. I put a typo on one of mine, and I couldnt fix it. Royal pain in the Arse. It'd be also nice to delete them. Possibly in reference to your way you said send you a message if someone is acting up. Have a 'report' button, and then have them explain why they are reporting. That shouldnt be too hard.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Right, who likes the new blog-style news section? http://www.vgcharts.org/news

Kwaad said: Your word of ban scares me.
I don't see the problem if anyone is banned for 24h or a week for something that deserves it [the ban]. Personnaly, if each topic keeps ending like a cosnole war, I don't play.

Now Loading... Please Wait!