By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official "I Voted" Thread

I've offically decided, I'm writing myself in for President. Both candidates are clownshoes, and I'd do by far a greater job than Bush or either of these party-aligned meat puppets.

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
I've offically decided, I'm writing myself in for President. Both candidates are clownshoes, and I'd do by far a greater job than Bush or either of these party-aligned meat puppets.

So, are you trolling or did you vote - or voting in the near future? From the sound of this post, maybe you should catch up with the traveling circus that just passed by my house. I know they are looking for new talent.

madskillz said:
bardicverse said:

So, are you trolling or did you vote - or voting in the near future? From the sound of this post, maybe you should catch up with the traveling circus that just passed by my house. I know they are looking for new talent.

News flash - Election Day is in 6 days. Soon enough for "near future" for you?

Id have joined that circus, but McCain and Obama filled the last 2 positions.  You said you voted for change. Let's talk in 2 years how well that "change" thing works out for you. Its going to be more of the same crap. They all blow smoke up your arse and never change anything. Its been the same thing for 40 years and it's not going to change anytime soon, minus for an uprising and dismantling of the gov't. So at the end of the day, you voted for nothing new, no matter which side you choose.

bardicverse said:
madskillz said:
bardicverse said:

News flash - Election Day is in 6 days. Soon enough for "near future" for you?

Id have joined that circus, but McCain and Obama filled the last 2 positions.  You said you voted for change. Let's talk in 2 years how well that "change" thing works out for you. Its going to be more of the same crap. They all blow smoke up your arse and never change anything. Its been the same thing for 40 years and it's not going to change anytime soon, minus for an uprising and dismantling of the gov't. So at the end of the day, you voted for nothing new, no matter which side you choose.

Eaux boi ...

^^ was that the facepalm of reality settling in for you? =p

Around the Network

My first election just turned 18 haha in August

President-Obama Democrate
Governer-Rossi Republican

I live in Washington state and are governers race is very close

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Only 5 days left!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I voted today.
Obama
Kay Hagan senate > Elizabeth Dole (Dole doesn't even live in NC)
McCrory Governor = Mayor of Charlotte and one of my buddies from when I was little uncle.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

My wifey voted today - for O.

People are facing some pretty long lines.  Glad I voted already:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/01/early.voting/index.html

Even early risers see long lines for weekend voting

(CNN) -- Not even the early birds could avoid long lines at some voting centers Saturday as pre-Election Day ballot casting continued in parts of the United States.

Hundreds of people were in line outside a polling place in Plantation, Florida, before it opened Saturday.

In Plantation, Florida, hundreds of people lined up at a polling center well before it was to open at 10 a.m. Some had arrived by 6:15 a.m., mistakenly believing that the center was opening at 7 a.m. like other centers in parts of the state, voters told CNN.

And at a polling center in Doral, Florida, about 75 people were in line at 6:30 a.m., half an hour before the center was to open, CNN affiliate WFOR reported.

One of them, Dana Fernandez, said long lines during the work week motivated her to wake up early Saturday.

"I came here five times this week during the day, and it was absolutely too much. So, I'm here early," Fernandez told WFOR.

Florida is one of 31 states allowing voting, either in person or by mail-in ballot, ahead of Tuesday's election. By Friday, more than 23 million ballots had been collected in 25 of the states.

In Florida, a state hotly contested by presidential candidates Sen. John McCain and Sen. Barack Obama, more than 3,360,000 early votes had been cast as of Friday.

CNN Voter Hotline

If you have a problem voting or see a problem, call the CNN Voter Hotline at 1-877-GOCNN08 (1-877-462-6608); CNN will report on some of your calls, and our partner InfoVoter Technologies can help get you in touch with your election board or find your voting location.

In North Carolina, more than 2.3 million people -- or about 38 percent of registered voters there -- had voted by Friday, according to CNN affiliate WRAL.

Lines were long in several areas of the state Saturday, the last day for early voting in North Carolina. Waits of more than four hours were reported at a library in Charlotte, WRAL reported.

At least half of the state's 100 counties had elected earlier in the week to keep early-voting centers open Saturday until 5 p.m., four hours longer than originally planned, according to WRAL.

In Wake County, North Carolina, where a line for one polling place snaked around several buildings Saturday, Ardell Elerbe said he was voting early so he wouldn't have to endure longer lines on Election Day.

"Early voting is just an easy way to get out and vote ahead of the crowd before November 4," Elerbe told WRAL.

But early-voting lines still can be long, in part because only a fraction of Election Day polling places are centers for early voting.

For example, the polling place in Plantation, Florida, was one of only 17 accepting early votes in Broward County. About 300 are scheduled to be open in that county on Election Day. 

Long lines also have been reported in parts of Oklahoma, where an early-voting period started Friday and was to end Monday. Gloria Okoroafor told CNN affiliate KOCO that she waited 45 minutes to cast her ballot in Oklahoma City on Friday.

Another Oklahoma City voter, Rosemary Ryden, said, "it feels like a revolution out here."

"I think it's wonderful that all the people are out here early," she told KOCO.

In Denver, Colorado, a steady stream of voters drove by a ballot drop-off location Saturday, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

Kieran McCarthy, who was filling out his ballot while sitting on a lawn nearby, told KUSA that he thought that "the early voting in Colorado really helps."

"I think it's hard for a lot of people to take a day off work or get in line where you might be there half a day," McCarthy told KUSA.

At the center in Plantation, Florida, John Johnson was one of the voters who arrived hours early on the mistaken belief that it would open at 7 a.m. Saturday.

Johnson left before casting a ballot.

"I'll wait for Tuesday morning," he said. "And I'll make sure I know the

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson