By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Biggest Gripe With The PS3

Signing into the Playstation Network. It would take too long too explain, so here's a typical example:

- I wake up. After breakfast, I turn on my wireless box and the PS3 n Tv. I wait for the box to become ready (takes about a minute) then I press "sign in". It doesnt work. It simply DOESNT WORK if my PS3 was turned on before my wireless box. Unless I turn on the wireless box, wait until it's ready, then turn the PS3 on, it wont sign in. Why? If I play Uncharted, then decide to play Wipeout HD online, I have to turn off the PS3, turn my wireless box on, then turn the PS3 back on again. It's ridiculous.

Does anyone else have this problem?

(And no, it isnt my box. The Wii can connect to it whenever it wants, even if I turn the box on after the Wii has begun connecting).

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network

Why exactly do you turn off your router?

Because there isn't any point in having it switched on if i'm not using it. I try to save power and money. I mean I know the PS3 chugs a lot of power, but at least i'm having fun with it when it does. I always turn my router on and off when I need to use it. It doesnt bother my Wii or Laptop : / .

I've generally found every wireless solution I've tried to be a bit flaky. I even tried re-buying everything from the same manufacturer and still wasn't happy with the results. Although it sort of works, it's not exactly stable and things occasionally need rebooting etc.

Potential free solution: have you tried switching off all encryption, and configuring your router to only allow access to certain MAC addresses? I found this improved things a lot with my PSP, although my PS3 worked alright with encryption.

Although it's not a free solution, have you considered powerline networking? I switched to this solution about 8 months ago, and so far it's fantastic. Works just like an ethernet network. I only use the wireless for the laptop these days (never use the PSP - won as a prize, I'm not big on mobile gaming).

Make sure u have media server share thing turned off on your ps3 options. I beleive its the last option under network options. It is known to cause multiple problems and I believe this is one of them.

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

Around the Network

Disable Internet Connection under the Network Settings, Then Re Enable it.

Ah, cheers guys, i'll try a few of these solutions and see if they work. I've only had my PS3 for a month or so and it's been driving me nuts. I hope this puts an end to it (I had hoped that the recent firmware update would do that, but no...)

Wireless box.... lol... epic.

The main gripe I have with the PS3 (being a non-owner) is the fact that the systems being manufactured now aren't backwards compatible.

wfz said:

The main gripe I have with the PS3 (being a non-owner) is the fact that the systems being manufactured now aren't backwards compatible.

Same here... I'll be buying one in December, and in a month Sony says "lulz BC is back"... that'd be amazingly bad.

Xen said:
wfz said:

Same here... I'll be buying one in December, and in a month Sony says "lulz BC is back"... that'd be amazingly bad.

How many PS3 fanboys on this site DON'T have a PS3??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)