By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 Million copies of Fable2 sold first week, but can it move hardware?

not sure if it really sells 1 million first week, but i guess its possible. lbp is definitely going to be bigger in continental europe, i have seen articles about lbp in regular newspapers, on webpages of online newspapers even in the free magazines that you get in the cinemas there was coverage about lbp (and all these articles looked very positive at it), while fable 2 was only present in gaming related magazines.

back to topic if fable will move hardware, i doubt that we will see a big hardware spike but i guess xbox sales will be a bit higher for a short time.

Around the Network

Unlikely for Fable 2 to sell 1 million in its first week. 600k to 700k seems more reasonable.

Glacius said:
Unlikely for Fable 2 to sell 1 million in its first week. 600k to 700k seems more reasonable.

Check out the news section of this website.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

According to this, a PC version of Fable might not happen:
http://www.videogamer.com/news/01-10-2008-9516.html
But even so there seems to be a general feeling that it will eventually get ported down the line.
Would it be possible that some people who don't yet own a x360 might rather wait for it on PC than buying an X360 for that game?

I hate to bring LBP to this thread (please don't kill me!) but there is no possibility of it coming to PC, anyone who wants the game must get the console.

could this feeling that it might be ported lead to the hardware sales bump not being as high as it might have been otherwise?

and oh yes, I'm positive that Fable 2 could sell 1mil first week

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
But even so there seems to be a general feeling that it will eventually get ported down the line.
Would it be possible that some people who don't yet own a x360 might rather wait for it on PC than buying an X360 for that game?

I hate to bring LBP to this thread (please don't kill me!) but there is no possibility of it coming to PC, anyone who wants the game must get the console.

could this feeling that it might be ported lead to the hardware sales bump not being as high as it might have been otherwise?

and oh yes, I'm positive that Fable 3 could sell 1mil first week

I'm not sure about Fable 3, but I think Fable 2 might be able to squeak by with it. Did you mean 2, or did I miss the joke....?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Spankey said:

and oh yes, I'm positive that Fable 3 could sell 1mil first week

I'm not sure about Fable 3, but I think Fable 2 might be able to squeak by with it. Did you mean 2, or did I miss the joke....?

oh shi - sorry i meant Fable 2

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

The next VGC-data will just cover 1 day (!!!) of the Fable2 sales in Europe. So it might not cross 1million next week, but I am pretty confident, it will cross 1 million if you calculate the full first week of US + full first week others + full first week Japan.

Next VGC-data will just cover 4 day for the US, 1 for Europe 0 for Japan, so it will not cross 1 million next week.

I expected something like 600k worldwide, so this game will be a great success. 

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

The next VGC-data will just cover 1 day (!!!) of the Fable2 sales in Europe. So it might not cross 1million next week, but I am pretty confident, it will cross 1 million if you calculate the full first week of US + full first week others + full first week Japan.

Next VGC-data will just cover 4 day for the US, 1 for Europe 0 for Japan, so it will not cross 1 million next week.

I expected something like 600k worldwide, so this game will be a great success. 

Try telling that to the fanboys.

It'll make them go crazy though, if it appears to have mega legs because of that, lol.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well Fable 2 looks big (which is great , because it shapes up to be a great game), and i think it definately can move consoles, WRPG's fans rarely get their titles on consoles (which are more JRPG's oriented) and fable II is one of those games that they would certainly want, so why not?

lwhatee said:
where do u see the 1m???

Firstly these are Vgchartz numbers not NPD

Secondly Fable 2 will be a hit only in USA not europe/Japan

Thirdly , It is not an AAA --89% at metacritic

Please dont post weird assumptions every time

You will have to wait for NPD for US sales

For Europe sales Fable 2 wont even reach 200k 1st week

Someone is a little jealous of our TRIPLE AAA game

Point 1) I guraentee it will sell over 1 million copies dont care what it says thats a fact

2) Who cares is fabe 2 is a hit in Japan and NA thats fine with me its still  HIT and I think it will do well in europe

3) Check again link included below metacritc is a 90 TRIPLE AAA

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fable2

This is a great game not sure how much hardware it will sell but is something MS has to be proud of

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks