By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 Million copies of Fable2 sold first week, but can it move hardware?

I'm half-hoping Fable 2 actually will break a million worldwide first week so I can read the meltdowns and damage control topics for my own entertainment.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network
Incandescence said:
I'm half-hoping Fable 2 actually will break a million worldwide first week so I can read the meltdowns and damage control topics for my own entertainment.

lol, the strange thing is, these same fanboys will celebrate if it reaches .999999 million, for some unknown reason.

It's a resounding success, pretty much confirmed at this point. Some people just hope it doesn't reach some artificial generic landmark.

When Japan is added in, it'll be close enough to a million for me to be satisfied.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

lwhatee said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
lwhatee said:

It's got a 10 from Eurogamer and a 9 from Edge. Those are by far your two most respected review sources, unless you count IGNUK, where it got a 9.5. (gamereactor/gamekult/gamer.nl/ptgamers/level7) are B-C level sites, and aren't even all averaged on some aggregate review sites. Even then, 8 is a great score, especially when it's not really 8/10, it's 4/5, which gives them much less room to choose between great and perfect.

You're just trying to marginalize the game because you hope it doesn't do well and hurt your prescious Playstation 3. Obviously. Is it strange that I am mean to "people" like this? Do you want to keep posting?

No one reads eurogamer in europe

Gamereactor is the biggest scandinavian website which gave Fable 2 8/10.

Jeuxvideo /gamekult/Tilt/gamer.nl/level7/pt gamers/everyeye italia are all the biggest websites in their respective countries

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fable2

http://www.n4g.com/Xbox360/games/g-21448/tt/metareviews.aspx

plus LBP took away all shines from Fable 2 in europe.

If u think Fable 2 will sell well in europe then u are completely delusional

we will be seeing the charts on Monday. It is not that far off

1. LOL at the bolded. Eurogamer is the biggest european review source, they gave it a 10/10...since we're using our opinions and such, as facts. Also, everyone reads Eurogamer in europe.

2. You read my previous posts? I'm sorry, but you were destroyed. You should stop now. You've ran out of arguments, from here on out, you will do little besides conceding to me slowly, during a struggle.

3. If those metacritic links are supposed to mean anything to me know this, Metacritic itself just added a 100/100 for Fable 2 from 1up and gametrailers review isn't in yet. It may not be a scandinavian, but they still matter, don't they? Also, yes, flaming Fable 2 because of reviews is like flaming doughnuts because of the creamy filling. 89.4 or 89.5 make little difference to any gamer, outside of the fanboy arena.

4. Especially when at least one of those reviews was in part determined by how poorly the reviewer felt that day, instead of how good the game was. Usually doesn't matter, but you are arguing over a half of a percentage of a point here, so we're allowed to split hairs. Again, though, nobody argued the game was AAA according to metacritic in the OP, so why the f did you bring it up, besides flamebaiting, trolling, and trying to be an ass in general?

5. You don't refute any of my points, you just say "we'll see next week, you're delusional."

6. However, we won't see anything next week. The only time we'll ever know is if MS releases official numbers. I'm not saying that Fable II will sell what you consider to be "well" in europe. I do think that according to the recent vgchartz story, it has a good chance to sell a million worldwide which includes "others," which isn't Europe. I don't care about europe....or scandinavia for that matter. Japan numbers should also be added when available.

7. I doubt LBP will affect Fable 2 sales or vice-versa.

8. Since you don't want to count Japanese sales, as you said in your previous post, because it's being released later, can we not count european sales for LBP, since it also has a staggered launch?

9. Stop trying to extend the argument to make it look like we're having an interaction, so you can save face. it's too late for that. Next time troll a game that isn't great, to satiate your PS3 inferiority complex.

10. It looks like neither IGN nor Gamereactor can agree between reviewers on this game's score. Is this just user-review or what?

http://www.gamereactor.dk/anmeldelser/71468/Fable+2/

Which version of this semi-no-name review source should be believed. The one the "true Sony fan" tells us to, because it's lower?

11. Why do they always pick me?

Gamereactor Sweden -8/10

http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/15646/Fable+II/ ............This is the PRIME outlet among all 4 GR

Gamereactor norway -8/10

http://www.gamereactor.no/anmeldelser/115329/Fable+2/

metacritic rating - 89%

u can see the scores from various scandinavian websites

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fable2

U can check N4G meta to see Fable 2 European reviews/impressions as well

http://www.n4g.com/Xbox360/games/g-21448/tt/metareviews.aspx

Only a fanboy would think that Fable 2 will sell in europe

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Incandescence said:

lol, the strange thing is, these same fanboys will celebrate if it reaches .999999 million, for some unknown reason.

It's a resounding success, pretty much confirmed at this point. Some people just hope it doesn't reach some artificial generic landmark.

When Japan is added in, it'll be close enough to a million for me to be satisfied.

Even if it doesn't, there are still many laughable statements to pick on in this topic, which will likely be denied by those who made them later on. Seems like it's a win-win situation for the neutrals.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Incandescence said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Incandescence said:

Even if it doesn't, there are still many laughable statements to pick on in this topic, which will likely be denied by those who made them later on. Seems like it's a win-win situation for the neutrals.

There is laughable scenario only for Fable 2 fans when European charts come out next Monday.

excepting UK Fable 2 might barely chart elsewhere in europe

as for US sales we will see NPD numbers

Around the Network
lwhatee said:
Incandescence said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Incandescence said:

There is laughable scenario only for Fable 2 fans when European charts come out next Monday.

excepting UK Fable 2 might barely chart elsewhere in europe

as for US sales we will see NPD numbers

Your rabidness is mildly amusing. I applaud your efforts, as poor as they are. Only time will tell what will happen. Just remember this; I don't give a shit. You're only wasting your time if you want to try and sway me.

This community is so laughable sometimes, whatnot with people tearing each other's throats out from all sides.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Haha, someone is so very hurt in this thread. Your predictions are nothing more than fanboy hyperbole at this point. NPD numbers are going to be huge, ChartTrack will have on top and VGcharts obviously will be showing big numbers for a title with 350k day one.

@ stick

We don't even have JP numbers for the first game, how do you suppose up to 50k for 1st week sales?

Anyhoo, a million seems likely, with good American numbers.

I got this game today it is outstanding.

It is top seller in most pre order chart in Europe to.

It will move some in america but none in Europe. The coming weeks sales in others will be lower than this week's.