By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I fail to see this 'XboX 360 boost' in sales..after the price drop

Poor graph choice as others have said.

This is from April through now, it shows up more clearly.
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39544&end=39740

The breakdown into regions that someone else posted is good too, but can't be compared with the PS3 as easily.

Around the Network

Its microsoft that made profits and whos revenue increased, not its gaming division, i would like to see their results.

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I don't care for regions..as I'm interested in world wide Sales ^^''

I want to see how the shape up in the big picture..but..since april?..imma check that

thanks to all for the help btw..

The US is up around 30k/wk and 55k/wk total and that's bad? You can spin all you want but it's just fail when you look at the numbers. The truth is that the PS3 has started to reach saturation in the US at it's current price point and the US 360 numbers more than make up for the Others. I remember PS3 Fanboys gloating over their 20k/mo wins in the US. The likely senerio at the end of the holidays is that the 360 will have extended it's lead up to 6 million units. You PS3 Fanboys really do take things to far... sometimes when I come on here I feel like I present myself and a fanboy myself when all I try to do is shake some sense into the crazy people. And btw the US is a game driven market... or didn't Halo 3 and MGS4 teach you that?

The truth is that the PS3 has started to reach saturation in the US at it's current price point

This may even be true. The thing is the PS3 has lots of room left for cutting the current price point. The 360 entry price in Europe is 50Euro above what you pay for a PS2 so they have far less room for adjustment. The question who will have more sales depends 100% on the question if Sony will lower the price of the PS3. Its as simple as that.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
The truth is that the PS3 has started to reach saturation in the US at it's current price point

This may even be true. The thing is the PS3 has lots of room left for cutting the current price point. The 360 entry price in Europe is 50Euro above what you pay for a PS2 so they have far less room for adjustment. The question who will have more sales depends 100% on the question if Sony will lower the price of the PS3. Its as simple as that.

M$ has stated that they would have liked to be at an even lower price point than they are now, but due to RRoD warrenties, they were not able to do it.  They are looking for blood.

I expect another 50 dollar price drop with the next chipset... they should bring the CPU and GPU together if I'm not mistaken... perhaps that's the 360 Slim that was rumored.

I heard the 40 GB PS3 will become $300 but I'm sure that won't happen by the Holidays.

well it beat the ps3 for like 2 months ww i believe, before it was losing to the ps3 for a long time

Topic = ZZZzzzzz ZZZZZzzzzzz ZZZZZzzzzzz

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder