By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
loy310 said:

WoW-Wii... get it? hehe .

World of Warcraft for the Wii, you bet I'll get it.  

Around the Network
xman said:
darthdevidem01 said:
go go go PS3

360 only outsold it by 20K this week the gap is getting smaller n smaller WW

True but they lost in japan and NA, the real test is christmas were a $200.00 xbox goes up against a $250.00 WII and a $400.00 PS3

"Lost"? Your telling me that just because the 360 wins 5 or 6 weeks against the PS3 by a few thousand consoles, PS3 lost? 

Christ, what's happened to people..? (Was talking about japan.)

ps3 is doing very well but a price drop for america wouldnt hurt! even $50 will do.

xman said:
darthdevidem01 said:
go go go PS3

True but they lost in japan and NA, the real test is christmas were a $200.00 xbox goes up against a $250.00 WII and a $400.00 PS3

we'll see. It xmas when people are willing to spend money on things.....don't forget that.

Right now is the time when 360 should be excelling with its low price

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Oyvoyvoyv said:
TWRoO said:
TWRoO said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

And the Wii sees its 4th worldwide victory over the DS! It has now outsold the DS more times than the Ps3 or X360 have outsold the Wii. That's once for X360, and twice for Ps3.

PsP has still only outsold Wii once, and DS once since the DSL launch (it outsold DSP twice).

Which weeks are you counting?

Both X360 and PS3 have had 3 weeks above the Wii worldwide.

360: w/e - 17th December 2006 (Wii supply poor) then 2 weeks in a row ending 7th October 2007. (Halo 3 effect)

PS3: 2 weeks in a row ending 1st April 2007 (Europe release) and the w/e 15th June (MGS4)

Also Wii has outsold the DS 5 times (Jan 2007 when DS supply failed was the first one)

You're right, on the weekly it shows up like that. On the hardware by date however, I still have the Wii above Ps3 in the week ending 1st April and above X360 for the 2 halo 3 weeks.

I used the same thing... I clicked on Chartz >> hardware by date.

It might have squashed some of the weeks out though if you used too large a range..... The "from launch" charts for instance will change to bi-weekly if you set it to more than 88 weeks, and tri-weekly if you have it even higher.... which means only every 2nd (or 3rd) week is included on the chart, thus it will miss weeks out if you are looking for something specific (though it will show the trends just fine)

Around the Network

Wow.

Level 3 trolling going on in this thread. Good thing I missed myself getting called out by Menago, since he has no clue what he's talking about.

Smashed said:
xman said:
darthdevidem01 said:
go go go PS3

"Lost"? Your telling me that just because the 360 wins 5 or 6 weeks against the PS3 by a few thousand consoles, PS3 lost? 

Christ, what's happened to people..? (Was talking about japan.)

Worldwide, we are at a 7 week streak already. Just FYI. So far for the second half of the year (Q3/Q4), according to VGchartz numbers the 360 is 50k ahead.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

astrosmash said:
loy310 said:

WoW-Wii... get it? hehe .

World of Warcraft for the Wii, you bet I'll get it.  

LOL, anyhow back to the subject.

Jordahn said:
Zucas said:
Is it just me or is there more worthless posts in this kinda thread then usual. Why can't people just actually discuss the sales when it comes to the thread instead of all their random beliefs about them.

I mean obvious good questions would be is the 360 lower pricepoint affecting the PS3's sales. But in relation why isn't the 360's lower price affecting the Wii considering its cheaper now. I mean sure we can all give one word answers to this that take off things people have been saying for months... like me... but there is a lot of discussion in that which people like me and Stickball and whoever can never get around to by all the other crap in here.

I think this is the first console generation where there is just enough diversity amongst all the consoles to where there are too many factors for each console that affect individual buyers differently. So it really is hard to come up with specific norms to describe why things happen when they do. The sad thing about these forums (and most others) is the fact as soon as you mention something potentially negative about a fanboy's favorite console, reasonable discussion goes out the window because very few people are willing to agree to disagree.

Yes I remember trying to have discussions in this kind of thread in MGS4 week and of course if you didn't say something awesome about Sony, Konami, PS3, and MGS4 then you got acredited as a troller.  Of course I was simply giving thoughts on the market as a whole and opening discussion about the sales while they were having a free for all of idiocy haha.  Some of those people that were involved that have the nerve to come in here and say this thread is full of trolls and random shit.

I personally think these sales topic should be for unbais discussion about the numbers where you pose question such as the ones I did here and back then.  But of course most people use this is as a pro or con kinda thread like oh Wii did great or something did bad or whatever.  Sure we can all tell that people... I can see the numbers just as well as you can.

Now yes I would agree that this generation it is alot of diversity but I think that only works with Wii and another console.  It's the sole reasoning why Wii is cleaning slate and allowing 360 and PS3 to survive hardware and software wise.  If Wii was akin to that of PS360(questionable whether it would be at this success anyways) then those 2 probably wouldn't have a market to grab a hold onto.  Similar to Xbox and GC with the PS2.  So I'd say when the sector that includes PS3 and 360 it's already in a sub market of the main one.  So is Wii of course but it's in a much large one.  So when you split that in half they really do start to have more intracompetition.

Now doesn't mean they can't stretch into Wii's sub market or Wii can't stretch into there.  Would be too linear to suggest otherwise.  But I do think if you have 2 dominating in one of those that what the other does will effect it.  But getting to the point I don't think this is happening with the PS3 right now in America or Europe.  Or really Japan.  Dare I say this 360 jump is a fad haha.  Especially in markets such as Japan and Europe.  Something to give it a quick boost and then go back down to norm after the holiday season.

Also answers my questino of why 360 isn't affecting Wii one being those sub market theories and two being that 360 just doesn't have the brand appeal to stop Wii.  Same with GC vs PS2.  Despite GC being cheaper than PS2 it didn't have the brand appeal to compete.

Damn @ Wii O.o